UKC

Ellis Brigham customer service

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 G. Tiger, Esq. 15 Sep 2015
Has anyone else had bad experiences with Ellis Brigham?

I was in their Covent Garden shop on Saturday to buy a couple of pairs of climbing shoes. So far so normal. My problem is that I have wildly different sized feet. Through the anonymity of the Internet I'm happy to share this far and wide, but it's not something I generally brag about. However as you might expect it's an important thing to note when fitting shoes.

The sales guy was excellent but his manager, when called over to help had the good grace, sensitivity and manners to point at me and shout "Wow, Crikey!" at the top of his voice, and make everyone in the shop's heads turn to look at me.

Anyway, I think that's fair cause for a complaint, but so far Ellis Brigham are ignoring me.

Does anyone have any bright ideas about how to bypass their customer service filter and speak to a grown up?

In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

had a similar problem with the Tw@t of a manager in Glasgow Xscape
Emailed customer service didn't receive a reply. I no longer shop
In Ellis.

If you want rockshoes in London go to one of the wall shops.
 John Kelly 15 Sep 2015
Are you saying that you were so badly affected by this man's actions that you wish it to impact upon his way of making a living?
Post edited at 21:05
 tim000 15 Sep 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

if that's his reaction to a customers ailments he`s in the wrong job
In reply to John Kelly:

No - but I don't believe that anyone should have any physical difference or anomaly highlighted like that in public.
 John Kelly 15 Sep 2015

I'm just struggling to understand why you feel hurt by this, it's perfectly normal to have different size feet. It may be your description doesn't entirely reflect the seriousness of the offence however if you feel abused by this chap and that you can gain some satisfaction from making a complaint to his employer you should continue
 John Kelly 15 Sep 2015
In reply to tim000:

Not sure it's an 'ailment' his feet are different sizes, so are mine, so are yours!!
 Greasy Prusiks 15 Sep 2015

Let's face it you could have worse things to complain about...

marsbar 15 Sep 2015

How rude of him.
 Run_Ross_Run 15 Sep 2015

> No - but I don't believe that anyone should have any physical difference or anomaly highlighted like that in public.

What. Like you are now?
 Ban1 15 Sep 2015

If you really want to get through to any business with a problem. Use there Facebook page. It has always worked for me
 Dave the Rave 15 Sep 2015

That's neat, that's neat, that's neat I love your Tiger feet!
In reply to Dave the Rave:

Thats right, that's right, that's right, that's right they are a very odd sight.
 rodgit 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

I often find myself running round in circles trying to get customer satisfaction.
 Simon Caldwell 16 Sep 2015

I suggest you watch An Inspector Calls on iPlayer
 Neil Williams 16 Sep 2015
In reply to John Kelly:
I'd probably suggest that one of the important aspects of serving a customer is to maintain their confidentiality unless they, the customer, decide otherwise. So he may at least need some training.

FWIW my feet are different sizes as well (though fortunately only a half size). I wish they'd sell shoes individually.
Post edited at 10:37
 FactorXXX 16 Sep 2015

Hitler had a similar problem when he went for a new suit at Goldstein's.
All was going fine until the tailor measured his inside leg, whereupon he promptly stood up and exclaimed in a loud voice "Mein Gott, Mister Hitler hat nur einen Hoden"!
He too took it badly...
In reply to John Kelly:

> I'm just struggling to understand why you feel hurt by this, it's perfectly normal to have different size feet.

So why the 'Wow, crikey!' comment if it's so normal?

It's also considered rude to point or comment or laugh at people's appearance.

Didn't Mummy explain this to you?
 John Kelly 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Neil Williams:

shoe fitting areas are public areas not conducive to confidentiality and the reason is it's really unusual for anyone to care, foot size is not a confidential issue, that said, and at the risk of repeating myself, if he really feels done down, picked on or otherwise abused he should continue his complaint.

however when I asked G. Tiger if he felt offended he answered

<No - but I don't believe that anyone should have any physical difference or anomaly highlighted like that in public.>

he did felt it was inappropriate

Personally I would just tell the bloke in question and not involve his boss - chatting's always good and there is often a simple way forward, educate not castigate

Ellis Brigham 17 Sep 2015

Hi,

Apologies for the slight delay in receiving a response. We always aim to respond to enquiries of any nature within 24 hours - sadly this has not been the case in this instance for which I apologise

We responded to your Facebook post yesterday and your email last night.

Many thanks

Mark
 Ellis Brigham 17 Sep 2015
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

Sorry to hear this - that is quite unacceptable and we're sorry to lose you as a customer over not replying to an email if there is anything further I can do please do let me know.

Best Wishes

Mark
 Neil Williams 17 Sep 2015
In reply to John Kelly:
> shoe fitting areas are public areas not conducive to confidentiality

No, true, but shouting out personal comments is inappropriate full stop. If someone doesn't realise that, perhaps retail isn't the best place for them to work.

> Personally I would just tell the bloke in question and not involve his boss - chatting's always good and there is often a simple way forward, educate not castigate

I'd have probably said "do you mind" in a very sarcastic manner and given him a very dirty look, which would probably get the point across. But some others might have been embarrassed to the point they'd have left the shop. No good at all.
Post edited at 10:31
 John Kelly 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Neil Williams:

yes, shouting out personal stuff, not good

it's difficult to judge the severity from the OP, it did sound quite trivial but at the end of the day it's the experience of the customer that counts so if GT felt unhappy it's his right to say so.

as you say not everyone is happy confronting stuff - good to see EB getting back to him, if slightly belated if i understand correctly
Aonach 17 Sep 2015
If the OP in this is an actual fully-grown adult then they really need to get a grip.
EB should have done the decent thing and ignored you entirely.

Neil Williams 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Aonach:

What, so you think it is acceptable for staff to shout across a shop about a personal matter without asking the customer's permission first?

If you run a shop let me know which one so I can avoid it, thanks.
J1234 17 Sep 2015
 Iwan 17 Sep 2015

Starting a Twitter storm is usually a good way to attract some attention, I find that it is the only way to deal with Dell Computers for example. However as a rep from EB's has replied to this thread they deserve a chance to first resolve the issue here.
 Timmd 17 Sep 2015

If it was me I'd probably ask/try to get hold of the contact details for the manager and contact him saying you thought it was a bit much, or words to that effect.

In the internet age they're bound to be lurking somewhere.
 FactorXXX 17 Sep 2015

Out of interest, how wildly different are your feet?
 radddogg 18 Sep 2015

So does your John Thompson match your left or right foot?
Aonach 18 Sep 2015
Using social media to express outrage and clipe on folk really does mark one out as a bell end.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...