UKC

Superlight #4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rapsling 16 Sep 2015
Is there any particular reason why this piece of gear is so hard to find? There seem to be a lot of Wild Country Superlight Nuts #1-3 and #5-6 around, but I can't seem to get my hands on a #4 for love nor money. Did Wild Country discontinue this particular size for some reason?
 BnB 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling:

The tooling for this item broke and hasn't been replaced by WC. You will struggle to find one.
 BStar 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling:
I spoke to someone at WC a couple of months back, they said about the tooling and that they are in the process of changing over suppliers so fingers crossed they will be available in the future.
Post edited at 07:15
OP Rapsling 16 Sep 2015
In reply to BStar:

Thank you very much to you and BnB for the explanation - very much appreciated.

Do you think that the #4 Metolius Ultralight Curved Nut would make a suitable replacement to fill that gap in a rack?
 beardy mike 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling: very different shapes indeed. How about a rock 4

BStar 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling:

I'd just go for the WC rock 4, the weight difference is minimal and the shape will be inline with the rest of the set, it will just be wider that is all.
OP Rapsling 17 Sep 2015
In reply to BStar:

Thank you for the advice. I think you and beardy mike have sold me on this, although I will replace the Rock #4 with the equivalent Superlight if I can find anyone willing to sell one.

Thank you again for your help, guys.
 Spengler 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling:

DMM IMP #5 is almost exactly the same size, the same weight, and 1kn stronger.
OP Rapsling 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Creedence:

Perfect Thank you
 dobby 200 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Rapsling:

I was looking at replacing my set of superlight rocks, since they were lost. I managed to find a size 4 on Ebay after lots of searching, there was also a German website selling the full set with extortionate postage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...