UKC

Costa Blanca Basic Campground/Campspots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BruceM 16 Sep 2015
Not the usual done thing I know, but has anyone any suggestions for basic campspots, low star campgrounds, anywhere on Costa Blanca?

Know of Olta and the Calpe campground, but after any others people might know of, particularly bit further south and maybe slightly inland?

Just throwing up a tent dusk-dawn, so no frills. And not sure of itinerary so don't want to book any place in particular (eg. realize Orange House does this sort of thing, but they are always well booked so not good for just roll-up stuff.)

Any ideas welcome
 Pencarth 16 Sep 2015
In reply to BruceM:

You can camp at the Refugio at Guadalest. Miguel and his wife Marisol are very friendly.
OP BruceM 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Pencarth:

Brilliant. Thank you. That's a useful location.
 Dervey 16 Sep 2015
In reply to BruceM:

I believe 'Costa Vertical' may offer camping in Sella. Find them on FB and get in touch.
OP BruceM 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Dervey:
Thanks. I hadn't heard of them. Will look them up.
 Jonathan Emett 17 Sep 2015
In reply to BruceM:

Quite often campers just turn up at the OH too. Camping is not often full.

OP BruceM 18 Sep 2015
In reply to Jonathan Emett:

Cheers. Yes, I was thinking of at least trying them if in the area.
 Sam Mayfield 23 Sep 2015
In reply to BruceM:

Hi Bruce, as Jonathan says we dont usually have a full campsite, unless its been raining and then we get all the wild camping people having a change of plan so they can stay dry inside.

I think the Olta and Sella sites close to camping in the winter months so no facilties at all. Wild camping is not allowed at Sella now and they are really clamping down and moving people along. The bunkhouse is basic in Sella though so you can crash there.

Costa Vertical are the guys we work with up in Sella at the crag, not setup yet for camping but defo worth heading to say hello to Tony who lives in the house below the crag and chatting about new routes etc.

Sam Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...