UKC

VIDEO: Around the Lakes in 14 Days

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 16 Sep 2015
[Around the Lakes in 14 Days]
The Lawson brothers have released this high-quality video of their 2-week Lakes bouldering trip. As usual with Lawson Beta Productions, there are some classic problems featured with some slick cinematography.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=2769
 wintermute 16 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Red Gene is not a problem.
 Sam Lawson 16 Sep 2015
In reply to wintermute:
It wasn't in the guide, but it seemed like a logical line to climb the beginning of Red Clover SS and then finish up The Gene. I couldn't find any record of it anywhere so called it Red Gene because it was a mix of those two problems.
Post edited at 16:31
 goose299 16 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

The LBP logo coming up every minute or so is well annoying
 wintermute 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Sam Lawson:

Yes. Exactly.

It doesn't warrant a name, or recognition of any form.
 Sam Lawson 17 Sep 2015
In reply to wintermute:

Well it's different to any of the other problems on the boulder, so I thought it warrented a different name.
 wintermute 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Sam Lawson:

It's not different to any of the other problems on the boulder at all though, is it.

It starts and finishes in the same places as the sit start to red clover, it just climbs the middle bit in a pointlessly, potentially slightly harder way, than the actual problem of the sit start to red clover. In fact, you've only used one hold different to the conventional sequence, and you're welcome to do so on red clover as it isn't an eliminate problem.

What you've done there is climb the sit start to red clover, badly.
 Sam Lawson 17 Sep 2015
In reply to wintermute:

The description for Red Clover says 'head straight up the arete on it's left side, via a small crimp on the side wall'. Which is different to what I climbed, so I assumed it wasn't Red Clover SS. However, if what I climbed is also classed as Red Clover SS then my bad.
mctrials23 19 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great video as always guys. Getting stronger all the time which is good to see from Norwich locals.
 Sam Lawson 19 Sep 2015
In reply to mctrials23:

Cheers! Its always nice to get positive feedback.
 Adam Lincoln 19 Sep 2015
In reply to Sam Lawson:

Great vid guys, loved it. Inspired me to go and do Lambrini girls after work yesterday.

Come on winter mute, chill out....
 victorclimber 19 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

anyone other than me find the whole Bouldering Videos boring ?
 Sam Lawson 19 Sep 2015
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Thanks a lot! It's an awesome problem, probably my favorite of the trip.
 tmawer 20 Sep 2015
In reply to Sam Lawson:

Hi Sam, did you visit the Mungrisdale Boulders and if not just wondering why? Perhaps too many places and not enough time! The problems all way too hard for me but looked good.....good effort carrying mats up to Dow too!
 Sam Lawson 20 Sep 2015
In reply to tmawer:

Like you said, we just ran out of time and couldn't visit everywhere we wanted. Especially with the rain and lack of skin!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...