UKC

Extra long sleeping bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stubbed 16 Sep 2015
I'm looking for an extra long sleeping bag for my husband's birthday, he's 6 ft 5 in and hates sticking out of the top of a sleeping bag (one of the reasons that he refuses to camp). I'm struggling to get the lengths on many sleeping bags.

Can anyone recommend one for tall people? He doesn't need extra wide...
 Welsh Kate 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

This depends on your budget - or how much you love him

PHD Designs do Long and Extra Long options on their sleeping bags, without having to go extra wide too.
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/sleeping-bags

What sort of camping are you doing? If car camping, then just take a duvet.

nniff 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

Mountain Equipment do them, at sensible prices for synthetic ones too. I have an extra long ME bag: I thought it would be nice to hide in on those days when getting out and about doesn't appeal. I'm 6 feet tall and it swamps me!
OP stubbed 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

Thanks for these responses, I will look them up
 Siward 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

Also Marmot (lithium, helium etc) do nice long bags.

But my favourite down bag is my Mountain Equipment one.
 bobpilgrem 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:
I'm 6'2" and have an Alpkit extra long bag-does me fine and probably good for another few inches.
Not sure what model-check their web site.
 Andypeak 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

Snugpak bags are pretty long as standard plus I think they will make them in extra long. They are often a bit cheaper than other top brands as they are aimed at the armed forces. Brilliant quality and I think they are made in Britain.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 16 Sep 2015
In reply to stubbed:

I am 6' 3" and recently bought a Makalu 1 from Decathlon (Simmond) - it is listed as 'up to 6' 7". It has proved to be warm, long and cheap (much cheaper than the main players).

And currently on offer: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/makalu1-downxl-sleeping-bag-id_8249507.html

Recommended

Chris

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...