UKC

Down Sleeping Bag Failure/Repair

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
acharnley 17 Sep 2015
Hi All,

I have a down sleeping bag, it's pretty light at 1kg and hence doesn't have the greatest amount of fill (model: Kathmandu Columbus, 650/fill).

I've hardly used it but some of the baffles are near empty. It appears that they've been designed this way, no leakage, and at night some areas of my body have literally two layers of nylon as insulation. The bag is rated to -2c comfort but no chance!

What do you think, is it bad baffle design, lack of feathers in general, or just bad fill? Some parts of the bag are certainly filled more than others, it appears to be just random.

I've included a picture of one of the culprits positioned just before my neck on upper side. No feathers are clumped and the little there is in that baffle at the bottom left are minimal (photo makes it looked clumped)

Thanks!

Andrew

http://www.igaro.com/misc/DSC00608.JPG
 radddogg 17 Sep 2015
In reply to acharnley:

How old is it?

Regardless I would take it back to the retailer and request a repair/replacement under the Sale of Goods Act
In reply to acharnley:

Looks pretty bad! You'd get more loft out of a 1kg synthetic bag!
acharnley 17 Sep 2015
In reply to acharnley:

I bought in Australia (I'm in the UK now) so difficult to return. It's been like this since I bought it - I didn't know better until the weather became cold.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...