UKC

Expedition/Alpine/Winter Gear Clear Out

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 steveej 17 Sep 2015
Two young children means I need to scale back my activities and announce my a ten year retirement from the cold stuff. I am therefore having a massive gear clear out with prices about 50% off retail. All the gear has been used but is still fully functional for many more seasons, but some items may have some cosmetic blemishes - I can send photos if requested. Items are not being sold because they are junk, they are being sold because just not going to be used.

EQUIPMENT

Petzl Nomic (Pair) including low profile hammer and Adze. Also including petzl rubber grip tape on shafts. I bet if you unwound the tape the shafts would be barely scratched (the tape is not sticky, it just sticks to itself) and more or less as good as new £240 for the pair. Loads of life left in the picks.

Grivel Alpwings (Pair) heavily used with lots of scratches but still fully functional, great starter axe for the coming season £60 for the pair.

Grivel G12 crampons - excellent condition. Only ever used on snow and stepping over the odd rock £70

Grivel G20 crampons - great condition (I will include additional larger toebails for easier fitting to touring boots) £70

BCA Aluminium Shovel - a few cosmetic scratches. Easier to use than the Black Diamond shovels and luminous orange handle makes it good for marking your cache - £15

BCA Probe - barely used. £15

BCA Tracker Tranciever - barely used, still with its box. £50

MSR Snow Stakes £10 each (I have a couple of these)

BlackDiamond First Light Tent - excellent single skin bivi tent in excellent condition £125
BlackDiamond First Light Vestibule - makes the tent much more practical for extended periods £50

PHD High Mountain Camp Bag (based on the Hispar Range) quarter zip, 1,528grams, -35C typical operating temperature. Light use, excellent condition. £210. Bargain!

Petzl Ice Screw Sharpener £25

A selection of Black Diamond Turbo Express Ice Screws (I will need to check the sizes) £25 each

BOOTS

Phantom 6000 Boots (Orange style) these have been used. The soles are excellent but there is some wear on the lining where the Velcro closure rubs the foam - purely cosmetic and still suitable for plenty of seasons. These very warm but low profile boots will take you from Scottish Winter to about 6,500M. Size 47 but I am actually a size 45 they have fitted me perfectly. They also include improved expedition grade insoles for a mid arch foot. £200

CLOTHING

Mountain Equipment Gasherbrum (Expedition Grade down jacket) Blue, XL, less than 1kg - excellent condition £150

Marmot Expedition Mitts XL - excellent condition £40

Mountain Equipment Fitzroy Pants XL - never used £70

Collection from Bristol or we split the postage. Happy to send photos this evening.

Rharrison 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Can I get a few pictures of the alp wings please
Cheers,
Rory
 Roberttaylor 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hello,

I'm interested in the firstlight bivvy tent and the Black Diamond screws, what lengths do you have?

Robert (can send money by paypal)
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

will send pictures of the axes and check screw lengths tonight
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Also have.....

MSR Pocket Rocket £10

Jetboil Pot with Lid (no stove) with Blue neoprene cover £10
AlanWoodNL 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi,

I'm interested in the BCA tracker, probe and shovel...I can ask a friend to collect from you soon-ish (I live in the netherlands). Photos would be good too, cheers

Alan
BMG100 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi - might be interested in the pot. Is this the cup shaped pot or an actual pot, ie 1.5l or similar?? I am after a pot rather than the tall skinny cup

Cheers
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

everyone who has asked for photos, I will take them and send to you tonight. Some people have e-mail me but for those who haven't I will try and send a photo through this website.

Thanks
 jack_44 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Interested in the G12's. Could you send a couple of pictures please?
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Rharrison:

Rory I only have a picture of the hammer. The axe has just come off Khan tengri and is still in my mates kit bag.

I'm picking it up tomorrow so will send pics tomorrow
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to Roberttaylor:

1 x 23, 1 x 19, 1 x 16, 1 stubby gold handle, I will have another 4 tomorrow when I pick them up from my mates - mostly 16's
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to BMG100:

You need to email me because I cant send photos through UKC
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi everyone, you need to email me before I can send any photos because this site doesn't allow me to attach a file when sending you a private message
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

also for sale......

Camp XLA 210 ski mountaineering axe £20

Black Diamond Vector Helmet L/XL White - old style £25 bargain, very little use, immaculate
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

much easier for those with smart phones is to send me a message on 07737756754 or email on s_jones_2001@hotmail.com and I can send you the photos straight from my iPhone.

Bit annoying that I have just spent an hour taking photos and cant send them to most of the people who have responded.
zlipid 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi. Very interested in the boots. Oddly enough, I'm flying into Bristol on Sunday afternoon - is there any chance of catching up to take a look do you reckon? I'm usually a 46 so should be in the ballpark for size, but it's always hard to tell without trying....

Cheers
Ian
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to zlipid:

your more than welcome to pop around on Sunday and try them on. drop me a text or email - details above.

I might be baby sitting unless I can get my mum up to do some. Its the misses birthday so she's out on a bike ride.

I have other less warm boots in a 46 as well.
OP steveej 17 Sep 2015
In reply to zlipid:

basically means if im babysitting I cant come to you, you will need to come to me.
zlipid 17 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Brilliant - just pm'd you...
OP steveej 18 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Grivel G12 Crampons - Sold
Grivel Alp Wing Axes - Sold pending payment
Jetboil Pot - Sold pending payment
OP steveej 18 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi everyone,

I believe I have now e-mailed and responded to everyone who has contacted me or left a message on here.

I have been having a few problems with Junk mail capturing people e-mails.

If anyone is still waiting for a response please drop me an e-mail or text (details above).

I will be packaging stuff up tonight and visiting the post office tomorrow.

Thanks
 Rharrison 18 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi Steve,
I did email but possibly didn't went to junk folder? Either way I didn't get any pics- rory3k@hotmail.com

Cheers
OP steveej 18 Sep 2015
In reply to Rharrison:

Hi Rory,

The axes are sold pending payment. Sorry.
OP steveej 18 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Also have 2. X MSR 2.3L Reactor Stoves,
Still have the boxes but have been used for 10 days melting snow. So very good condition. £75 each
OP steveej 19 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

OK peeps...

The jetboil pot is packed and ready to go to you Brett tomorrow.

Robert Taylor, you will have the tent, vestibule and screws posted to you tomorrow. I also managed to find the seam sealant and sealant gun that game with the tent and I have included that in the package for you plus a load of extra MSR pegs that I bought to go with the Vestibule because it didn't come with any. Its being posted tomorrow morning.

Jack - the G12 crampons are packed up and ready to go tomorrow.

Other people have emailed direct and have there packages ready.

I will post a 'whats left message' on Sunday.

sbc_10 19 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi Steve..

Anything left ??

Is the PHD sleeping bag normal length and width..... they sometimes come in longer/wider fittings for extreme use.
Cheers.
OP steveej 19 Sep 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

It is the long version but it's not particularly wide. I paid extra for the long version, if you send me an email I can trip you on the details sent to me from PhD when I bought it in 2013
In reply to steveej:

Hi Steve,
Have you still got the Nomics and BD tent??
OP steveej 21 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Still left as of Monday morning........

PHD Sleeping Bag
Nomics with Adze and Hammer
Grivel G20 Crampons
MSR snow stakes
Few BD Turbo Express screws (assorted sizes)
ME Gasherbrum Down Jacket (Blue) XL
ME Fitzroy Pants XL
Marmot Expedition MItt XL
Petzl Elia Helmet (womens) £20 barely used
Outdoor Designs Bothy Bag - comfortably fits 4 people £15
OP steveej 21 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Nomics Sold pending payment
OP steveej 22 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Sizes on the screws are 23, 19, 16, 13. I will sell two and keep two but I don't mind which ones I sell. £25 each.

OP steveej 23 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Ok one last ditch attempt to get rid of the last remaining items before this advert runs out.....

PHD Sleeping Bag rated typical operating temp -35C, approx. 1,500grams £200 excellent condition, absolute bargain, can forward you the spec sheet if you email me.

MSR Reactor Stove with 2.5l pot £65

MSR Pocket Rocket £10

MSR 60cm Snow Stakes £10 each

Grivel G20 crampons £50 lots of life left in the points

Camp XLA 210 Skimo Axe £20

BD Vector Helmet (old style) white, L/XL excellent condition £20

Petzl Elia womens helmet used twice (blue and purple) £25

Marmot Expedition Mitts XL £30

ME Fitzroy Pants never been used £50

OP steveej 24 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

Fitzroy pants sold pending payment
Grivel G20 sold
 Hawky 28 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

is it babysitting when you have your own kids lol. I say the same also and it's funny how many people ask me this question. I'm interested in the crampons if they are still available, you can send me a pic if you have 1. ryanplasterer@gmail.com. cheers
 Hawky 28 Sep 2015
In reply to steveej:

just seen this. no worries
In reply to steveej:

Still got the Camp axe? If so I'll take it. email me at stuart.johnston@traverssmith.com

thanks

s
BMG100 24 Oct 2015
In reply to steveej:

Hi Steve,

Just emailed you about the pocket rocket.

Brent
 stuart58 25 Oct 2015
In reply to BMG100:

Has the ice screw sharpener gone

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...