UKC

Life Insurance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alan moore 17 Sep 2015
Just been offered a monthly premium of £62 per month to cover life insurance after admitting to climbing above UK Severe.
Seems a bit steep; As a Non or indoor climber the premium would have been £33.
Anybody else have any experience of this?
Not the most thrilling topic obviously, but who do UK mortgage paying climbers use for life insurance?
 ebdon 17 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:
I use the bmc recommend one and pay nearly half that and it covers me for pretty much anything.
Should probably add thats just for mortgage cover if I die not critical illness etc...
Should also add this often comes up so do a forum search
Post edited at 17:31
 philipjardine 17 Sep 2015
In reply to ebdon:

Try Simon Reid at www.summit-fs.co.uk
I found him very helpful and efficient
OP alan moore 17 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:
Thanks Both. Sounds like there's options.
 Neil Henson 17 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:

Yes I experienced the same. Went with Summit in the end (i.e. the BMC one).
 Andy Hay 17 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:
I use Legal & General as had loads of trouble finding any as I was an overhead lineman & a rock climber, I got in touch with an advisor/broker through unbias.com (not sure if that's the correct spelling), cost me nothing as he got commission from them, got myself & partner insured for under £35.
Andy.

this was also with critical illness
Post edited at 22:11
 jamiev 17 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:

Another vote for summit via BMC
OP alan moore 18 Sep 2015
In reply to Andy Hay:
Thanks for that. It was Legal and General that give the initial cheapest figure, then doubled it on receiving the "lifestyle" details.
ceri 18 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore: we have summit: very cheap and they don't mind us being climbing motorcyclists...

The New NickB 18 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:
The cost is fairly meaningless without knowing the level of cover.

Personal experiences of Summit have been good, certainly what felt like a more realistic weighting of climbing risks.
Post edited at 12:34
 Dark-Cloud 18 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:

I have been doing battle with it all, its madness, summit are looking like a decent option but my doctor has so far declined to return the medical forms and wants more money to do so until reminded he was to be paid according to the BMA guidelines, seemingly they have no legal obligation to even do the required work :-/
 Andy Hay 18 Sep 2015
In reply to alan moore:
No worries Alan, try unbiased as you may find someone close by as the chap who helped me only lived on the next estate!
Jim C 19 Sep 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

> The cost is fairly meaningless without knowing the level of cover.

It would be even more helpful if someone had made a claim and been paid out with no issues . Like all insurance, it is great to have low premiums with good coverage, but if they spoil that by not paying out claims ( or make claims difficult) it might be a waste of money.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...