UKC

Supermassive Black Hole, Twll Mawr - abseil point

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Shapeshifter 18 Sep 2015
I'm hoping to do this over the next few weeks, but I'm told it's easier to ab in on a 70 metre rope, than to walk in at the bottom. I've never been to Twll Mawr so would prefer to avoid an epic if possible.

Is this correct and if so where approximately is the ab station? I've got the Slate guide and from what I can tell it's somewhere along from Watford gap and the Alcove, but any directions / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Shapeshifter:

Maybe send a Private Message to http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=59509
 1234None 19 Sep 2015
Go past Dali's and Never Never Land and keep going along the main path, down a small hill until you see a prominent rock tower on the left above a huge hole in the ground. The ab point is on the right side of the tower (looking into Twll Mawr) and can be backed up with the fence posts. Great route...enjoy!
 SV 19 Sep 2015

It would definitely be much easier and quicker to ab in, but I really liked the approach through the slate quarries / tunnels and emerging into the bottom of Twll Mawr. All part of the atmospheric slate experience for me, but appreciate that wasn't really the question.
OP Shapeshifter 20 Sep 2015
In reply to 1234None:

Many thanks I had a feeling it was somewhere round there
OP Shapeshifter 20 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Thanks Ian and thanks for your excellent routes also. Hopefully we'll get on DoS soon as well.
 Sl@te Head 20 Sep 2015
Hope you enjoy the routes

I added an extra bolt to the top belay / abb station recently so there are now 3 bolts a drilled thread + the fence.
Post edited at 11:58
 Sl@te Head 24 Sep 2015

Did you find it?
OP Shapeshifter 25 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Not been yet Ian - hoping to go this coming week if the weather holds good. I'm sure we'll find it, I'm pretty certain I know where you mean.

Thanks again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...