UKC

Les Etroits gorges, Le Devoluy Guidebook

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ryan Parle 20 Sep 2015
For the last 4 years some friends and I have been going Skiing / Boarding at Super Devoluy in Hautes Alpes, France & in the last couple of years most of us have also taken up climbing. Whilst we were there last year we decided to have a day off of the pistes and we headed over the Les Etroits gorges just outside the town of Le Devoluy for a spot of canyoning, We didnt get too far as after a few hundred metres we came accross a 10ft drop in to a big plunge pool, as none of us fancied getting Hypothermia we turned back and started to walk upstream where we spotted a nice little crag that has several bolted sports routes, looking at the Super Devoluy website it mentinons routes graded from 3 to 6b and next year we would like to give some ofthem a go. So i've been looking for a guidebook featuring these routes, preferably in English, but i expect i could just about make sense of a French book if i had to.

I've looked at the Crag map on UKC and have found some listing for Le devoluy but the marker is not very close to the crag in question & there is no info on any of the routes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 Morgan Woods 20 Sep 2015
In reply to Ryan Parle:

I think some of the Devoluy climbs used to be in the old Ceuse guide.
 jon 20 Sep 2015
In reply to Ryan Parle:
The crag in the UKC database wrongly labelled Dévoluy is in fact the crags of Les Gicons - Dévoluy is the area not the crag. The guidebook that covers this area is in French and is called 'Grimper dans les Hautes-Alpes, Ventavon Champsaur Valgaudemar Dévoluy' and it contains the crag you refer to in the Dévoluy section under the name 'Les Etroits'.
Post edited at 08:39
OP Ryan Parle 20 Sep 2015
In reply to jon:

Thanks Jon, I've looked that guidebook up and it seems it is only avaliable from Amazon.fr for 43 euros, not sure that I want to spend that kind of money on a book for just one crag.

Would anyone with this book be happy to scan the relevant pages?
 jon 20 Sep 2015
In reply to Ryan Parle:

I think that's the one that includes Céüse. Mine doesn't and cost €14. I certainly wouldn't pay any more for it.
OP Ryan Parle 21 Sep 2015
In reply to jon:
I've just had another look and you're correct, the book on amazon.fr is the one including Ceuse, I cant seem to find an onlne shop selling the other one though, i'll keep looking and see what comes up.

Is there an IBSN number on the book you have?
Post edited at 08:07
 jon 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Ryan Parle:

No IBSN number. It is available from Vertige Sport in Gap (Approach Outdoor) http://www.approach-outdoor.com/topo-alpes-du-sud/4665-champsaur-devoluy-ve...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...