UKC

Sicily Multi-Pitches

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bobstones 25 Sep 2015
Looking for us much information on Sicily multi-pitches as I can get ahead of a trip next Friday.
We're heading to San Vito Lo Capo so in or around there would be best.

Any route recommendations would be appreciated. Up to 6a/6a+
Route info - are there any fully bolted routes? What trad gear to take?
Anything else that might be useful that I can't think of.

Thanks.
 Andypeak 25 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

There are some really good ones around 6bish. Cant remember the names though. If you look on my log book around may last year I have logged them. Might see you out there. Im headed out Thursday
OP bobstones 28 Sep 2015
In reply to andy.smythe:

Thanks Andy, I'll take a look.
 Simon Alden 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

Jim and Scott Titt are the best source of info for San Vito am sure they'll spot this post and comment soon. I did a newly bolted multipitch route called Via Fratelli Titt last year and it was very good at only about 5c I think.
OP bobstones 28 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon Alden:

Thanks Simon. I have contacted Scott directly (flipped a coin and he won!) and Jim has commented on a post of mine before so I am secretly hoping to hear again!!

Where was the route you did and where can I get a topo?
 GrahamD 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

You need to get the Sicily Rock local guide - it was updated last year I think. Its far more accurate than the Di Roccia Di Sole general guide and is readily available locally. There are loads of multipitch routes around but the choice will depend on the prevailing weather as they are all different aspects. The couple we did were fully bolted.
 jimtitt 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

What can I say? There are multi-pitch bolted routes in the guide and I havenĀ“t climbed most of them
 Heike 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

I did a few - really enjoyed
Parole al vente on Trapani - wouldn't wanna fall off though, the rock is very sharp! 6a+ obl
L'oro dei Tuareg on Monte d'Oro, it's 6b, but not too hard.

scott titt 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

sent a pm
 Sebcosta 28 Sep 2015
In reply to bobstones:

hey, me and some friends went over 4 weeks ago, we only climbed on Monte pellegrino in the Valdesi crag, on some single pitch and some 2 - 3 pitches routes maximum of 6a. i would recommend a visit to this crag , the light on the wall at sunset is amazing.

any more info drop me a message!

seb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...