UKC

Public transport to Bamford?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mason_7 26 Sep 2015
Hi all

I have just moved to Buxton in the peak district and I am wondering if anybody had any idea which is the best way to reach bamford and castleton by public transport? is there a bus service that provides a direct route? i dont drive you see and could do with getting up to stanage and burbage!

Cheers

Adam
 deacondeacon 26 Sep 2015
In reply to mason_7:
For stanage and burbage you want to get to Hathersage really. It's served pretty well with a train and bus service.
Post edited at 09:37
 deepsoup 26 Sep 2015
In reply to mason_7:
Burbage at least is easy - the 65 bus to Sheffield stops at the Fox House Inn, and it's a short walk from there to Burbage South.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/timetables/sheffield/533.htm

The same bus gets you within walking distance of lots of limestone, Baslow, Curbar and Froggatt. (For Froggatt you could get off between Calver and Grindleford and walk up through Froggatt village.)

From Fox House you could maybe change to the 272 bus which goes out from Sheffield to Hathersage, Bamford and the Hope Valley, but I imagine from Buxton it'd be less hassle to get the train to Bamford or Hathersage.
 nigel n 26 Sep 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

The railway line from Buxton goes to Stockport and Manchester. To get to Hathersage by rail you would need to either go into Manchester first or walk across new Mills (1 mile) to the other line.
 deepsoup 26 Sep 2015
In reply to nigel n:
Maybe another option would be to hop off the bus at Grindleford and take the train to Bamford from there. (Probably not worth it for Hathersage, may as well walk over to Stanage from Fox House.)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...