UKC

NEWS: Woods & Graham make repeats at Flatanger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 29 Sep 2015
Daniel Woods on Thor's hammer, 9a+, Flatanger, Norway., 5 kbDaniel Woods has made the 4th ascent of Adam Ondra's Thor's hammer, 9a+, and Dave Graham made the 2nd ascent of The Illusionist, 9a, both in the Hanshelleren cave at Flatanger, Norway.

Daniel is, not entirely without good reasons, best known as a boulderer, but this hasn't...

Read more
 Shani 29 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Thor's Hammer doesn't just look hard, it looks 'Ronnie Pickering' hard.
 jsmcfarland 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Shani:

> Thor's Hammer doesn't just look hard, it looks 'Ronnie Pickering' hard.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that! The routes at Flatanger look nuts, surely the worlds first 9c will be put up here in the next 10 years?
 stp 29 Sep 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Super impressed with Woods' ascent. Just wouldn't have thought he'd even attempt a route like that, let alone have the endurance to complete it.

If the Illusionist was Graham's secondary project I wonder what his primary one was?
 Morgan Woods 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Shani:

> 'Ronnie Pickering'.

who?
 simes303 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Morgan Woods:

That's what I wondered too.
 Fraser 30 Sep 2015
In reply to simes303:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Pickering

See the red bit on the first line (and no, I'm none the wiser either!)
Fave 30 Sep 2015
 Shani 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Morgan Woods:

> who?

RONNIE PICKERING!
 Mike Goldthorp 05 Oct 2015

> Daniel is, not entirely without good reasons, best known as a boulderer, but this hasn't stopped him from climbing several routes in the 9a-9a+ range. Clocking in around 60 meters, Thor's hammer is hardly what you'd call a boulderer's route, which makes Daniel's ascent all the more impressive.

Just goes to show, as Jerry would say, there is no substitute for power. If the moves feel easy you can keep pulling for longer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...