UKC

Lower Off THEFT again - Twll Mawr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 29 Sep 2015

The Desolation of Smaug! (6c)

I was very disappointed this morning to find that a Stainless Maillon and lower off Ring had been stolen from the Desolation of Smaug!

Who in their right mind would do this? The route took months for me to equip, the Maillons and Rings were added to make abseiling down the route easier and safer in the event of a forced retreat in e.g. Bad Weather.

Again it defies belief why fellow climbers would steal from routes that they no doubt climbed and enjoyed.

If whoever did this is reading this thread, you owe the North Wales Bolt Fund Money, so please put things right and make a generous donation.

http://www.ukboltfund.org/

I did replace the missing Maillons and Rings this morning, just hope they last a bit longer this time......
Post edited at 16:24
 jimjimjim 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

> I was very disappointed this morning to find that a Stainless Maillon and lower off Ring had been stolen from the Desolation of Smaug!

> If whoever did this is reading this thread, you owe the North Wales Bolt Fund Money, so please put things right and make a generous donation.

Whoever did this doesn't care mate. But if a rant makes you feel better that's fine.
calm down and don't worry too much about it. Shit happens.

Offwidth 29 Sep 2015
In reply to jimjimjim:

I think he has every right to be pissed off. Given your history maybe you can explain exactly what shit is OK to rant about?
 ashtond6 29 Sep 2015
In reply to jimjimjim:

Routes don't just get equipped by magic, shit doesn't just happen.

Clearly never put time into equipping
 SGD 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

As someone that has done this and many other routes put up by Ian I find this to be shocking, this is proper shit. Absolutely gobsmacked as there is only one possible group of suspects for this as noone other than a climber is going to have done this.

Thanx again to Ian to putting up this and many other fine routes in the quarries and beyond.
 Wsdconst 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Some people are just d##ks mate, could you use super glue or a thread lock adhesive on the maillons. I know you shouldn't have to but maybe it would stop the opportunists stealing them.
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Stuck a few quid in.

But can I just ask, why isn't the Cornish bolt fund link operational yet? If we're going to fully equip Bosi by the end of the year, we're going to need a lot more donations - we've only got as far as Bow Wall, and that's just *soaking* up the bolts.
 jimjimjim 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

My history? Don't know what you're talking about. Do you still lecture btw?
 Mick Ward 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

> I think he has every right to be pissed off.

Totally agree. What a shitty, horrible thing to do - especially when viewed in the context of the huge amount of effort (and probably cost?) which the OP has put in. It's a real insult. The perpetrators need to put things right, as best they can. We all make mistakes but there are some mistakes that just shouldn't be made. And this is one of them.

Mick
 solomonkey 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Scum ! Just think karma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...