UKC

Nottingham marathon - The way the news works...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 01 Oct 2015
8,000 folks took part in the recent Nottingham marathon. Unfortunately the organisation was 'stupid' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-34401528

Says one person. And the BBC make a story out of it?

Coincidentally I took a photo recently of a sign saying 'This land is the property of Aneurin Bevan Health Board. No recreational activities allowed'. A health authority banning recreation?
 DancingOnRock 01 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Say:

I ran in the Marathon.

I wasn't very impressed by the organisation. Considering it was a big city marathon.

My main criticism was the lack of a map highlighting the road closures.

Trying to plan how to get to the event was a logistical nightmare of pre-planning but come the actual day it was ridiculously simple.

There was even a statement on the Bus website about the bus companies disappointment at the lack of consultation.

Also the football was delayed due to technical traffic chaos surrounding the road closures. I don't really care about that, but I guess it was important to some people.

Personally I think two laps of the half route would have been plenty, the new marathon route didn't add much for me.
 DancingOnRock 01 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Say:
And for completeness 8,000 ran the half. About 2000 ran the full. So close on 10,000.

But I do t think much was made of the full, most people had gone home by 1pm.
Post edited at 16:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...