UKC

Grit midges?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 HimTiggins 01 Oct 2015

Hi,

Not been out for a few weeks and was wondering if the midges are still out in force? I was thinking of heading to Stanage tomorrow evening and/or getting out on the grit over the weekend.

Cheers, Tim.
Post edited at 21:22
 The Reaper 01 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

Light easterly winds at the moment means that there is no breeze to displace them at the bottom of the crag. Have been out at Stanage and Burbage a couple of evenings this week and they are definitely still around. They weren't horrendous, just mildly annoying and kept me on the move. It's beautiful out there of an evening though, well worth taking the chance.
Removed User 01 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

There was about a bazillion of the bastards at roaches lower tier last Sunday evening. Not as bad as I've seen it in the past, but they were as persistant as you'd expect and we didn't hang around too much after smashing the problems we were there for.
robapplegate 01 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

I was at Burbage last Sunday, had to leave late afternoon due to extreme midge madness.
 jon_gill1 01 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

The little bastards were biting pretty well at Stanage plantation last Saturday!!!
In reply to The Reaper:

Been on Stanage today, glorious weather and no midges until about 4.30 when they started to bite.
OP HimTiggins 03 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

Cheers for the feedback.

Gave Stanage a go last night. Fine until about 6pm. Then the assault began just as I was committed to a reasonably lengthy belay. The little b*stards know how to time it!
 RyanOsborne 03 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

They're still out at Wimberry boulders, had been hoping they'd have died down by now but still plenty about. Still a few around Roaches as well.
 stayfreejc 03 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

I was out at Froggatt last sunday and I still look like a I have chicken Pox.
 Duncan Beard 03 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

Out soloing at Stanage today (I didn't stand still much), despite no wind & overcast, there were very few around.
 JDC 04 Oct 2015
In reply to bullwinkle:

A few around at roaches still yesterday, despite the colder temps. Bearable though...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...