UKC

Old Andy Pollitt Videos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AP Melbourne 03 Oct 2015
Hi, Andy P here in Melbourne, Australia.
Please pardon the indulgence but I found a stack of old VHS tapes and thought better to share for a laugh than throw in the skip. There's enough for maybe half a dozen short clips - of varying quality.
Here are the first two.

PART ONE - youtube.com/watch?v=_CG9Lq6yUGk&

PART TWO - vimeo.com/139567031

Cheers,
AP.
 Wild Isle 03 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Thanks Andy, a slice of climbing history there.
 GazzerM61 03 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Great to see you are still around AP.

I met you in Buoux in 82 and you offered to take us bouldering! You were racing up Right Wall in March 82 with snow around on the hills behind. I was on Cemetery Gates and you traversed over and asked to borrow some slings for some spikes!

Top man - ace climber!

Good health!
Cheers
OP AP Melbourne 04 Oct 2015
In reply to Wild Isle:

Ta chaps.

Yes gazzerM54. Diary tells me 27th March '82. It was wet at the top and you kindly lent me a sling as I didn't have one. Seems I got a top rope to go up & place it but then down climbed to the Girdle Ledge, untied, pulled rope down and led it... Memories. Golden!
Cheers,
AP.
 Chris Harris 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Even before I clicked on the links I knew we were in for some high quality tights action.......

Nice.
 alan moore 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Brilliant!
Isn't there a clip of you on London Wall as well? "Peak Technique" I think the film was...I used to have the tape somewhere......
In reply to VHAS:
Brilliant clips Andy, and not a Silk Cut in sight!
Post edited at 08:46
 Graham Booth 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Fantastic!!!! Keep them coming Andy
 Fraser 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Excellent, thanks for posting!
 Rob Parsons 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Thanks. What's the route in the second vid?
 Stu Tyrrell 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Ta Rob, that route's called Savor the Flavor. Best thing I ever did at Arapiles...
Thanks Stu, that looks like The Rumble in the Jungle ?? Last route I ever put up before emmigrating. Nope, never been back - and can't until someone invents an outdoor smoking area for jumbo jets. Haven't climbed since 5th May 1992.
Cheers,
Andy.
 Melok 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Andy, can you remember louise shepard first female ascent of lord/flies,
 Mick Ward 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Beautiful stuff. Thanks for putting it on.

Mick
 Kafoozalem 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Really enjoyed that - thanks Andy.
 Stu Tyrrell 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:
Hi again Stu.
If it is (and I think it is) 'Rumble' it would be anywhere between Wed 28th June and Fri 11th Aug 1989 when I did it. it suffered from seepage so I had trips to Cornwall, Freyr, the Frankenjura and Buoux between first & last days.
Hope that helps.
Andy.
Post edited at 22:27
 Graham Booth 04 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Just curious why you stopped climbing Andy? Always did wonder
In reply to VHAS:

Ha Ha! Excellent question Graham.
Only four people TRULY know the answer to that question. They are: Andy Boorman, the two intrepid/courageous/mad chaps at Vertebrate Publishing and - for the time being, myself!
Indeed, the 'tell-all' is due out early next year - complete with gory details...

Sorry, couldn't let that opportunity slip hey?
Cheers,
Andy.
 andi turner 05 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

The "tell all"! I'll look forward to that. I sincerely hope the rumours were true.

Cheers for sharing the vids too, really great.
 ericinbristol 05 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Good news about the bio book. For many of us you've been an enigmatic part of our climbing history. That photo of you on Rats in a Rage has always been captivating - partly 'How did he get to there?' but mainly 'Where the hell are the holds on the next bit?'
 spidermac 05 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Hey AP lovin the Crocodile Dundee look - hows life in OZ these days. Long time no hear. All the best Spider
 Graham Booth 05 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Ha quality plug Andy!

Mr Boorman did tell me he was penning your book! Will look forward,to reading that
 creag 05 Oct 2015
In reply to VHAS:

Looking forward to the book! Andy was such an iconic climber of the 80's and early 90's. Bernard Newman's picture of him on the second ascent of The Bells, The Bells! is still one of the best images of that era!
OP AP Melbourne 06 Oct 2015
In reply to Graham Booth:

Ta Graham,
Am sure Andy B would actually have said he's 'editing' not 'penning' it and man! What a job he's done!
AP
OP AP Melbourne 06 Oct 2015
In reply to andi turner:

Ha! Rumors Andi, what rumors... no, don't say. Please, Don't Say.
AndI's way 'cooler' than AndY.
Smiles.
 Graham Booth 06 Oct 2015
In reply to AP Melbourne:

Yes he would Andy, apols!

He's a legend..my old lecturer from Uni

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...