UKC

Fingerboard has hand luggage on Flights?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Crusher R 07 Oct 2015
As the title.. wanting to take a medium sized board onto a flight, only taking hand luggage so no option of putting it in the haul. Wondering if they are going to refuse this? I'm taking a laptop on as well so thinking if they use the reason of it being a weapon then a laptop would be of similar?
J1234 07 Oct 2015
In reply to Paul Crusher R:
When I was taking something Via Heathrow, I facebooked heathrow with a picture and told exactly what it was, and about an hour or two later someone facebooked back it was okay, I printed that out and took with me for any issues, but it was fine. i assume all airports will have a Social Media person who deals with stuff like this.
Post edited at 15:22
 Andy Say 07 Oct 2015

I saw the thread title and thought to myself that if a fingerboard had the wherewithal to actually book a flight then I for one would not object to it having hand luggage with it.

Then I read the post

If the board will fit in your hand luggage and the luggage will meet the size requirements of the airline concerned I don't see a problem.
 ti_pin_man 07 Oct 2015

I did this last year flying within the UK. I explained what it was to the security staff, who then told the person watching the Xray and got it back the other side. No problem. I have also taken some quite large plastic holds on as hand luggage in my bag and just tell them in advance in the same way. usually they have been fine. best advice is to smile and show them/tell them and be prepared for them to send you back to check it in as hold luggage. The issue I've had most is with Boot Bananas... that's somehow harder to explain.
Rigid Raider 07 Oct 2015

No problem at all; people hand-carry pictures and posters so why would this be different?
 winhill 07 Oct 2015

Put it in a baguette and tell them it's a Lancashire Ploughman's.
 gethin_allen 07 Oct 2015

The only issue I can see is the weight, my fingerboard (although admittedly quite a large one, ahem) is ridiculously heavy and easily more than you can take in your hand luggage.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...