UKC

Volkl skins

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ffati 07 Oct 2015
Anyone have any experience of using volkl skins have seen some at a reasonable price, already cut for my skis.

Any word of advise or should I stick with the tried and tested BD skins?
Rigid Raider 07 Oct 2015
In reply to ffati:

No experience but don't Volkl make skis? So I'd expect their skins to work, or to have been manufactured by somebody else who knows how to do the adhesive.
OP ffati 07 Oct 2015
In reply to Rigid Raider:

I know they make ski's have been falling down numerous hill on a pair this does not equate to making good skins. Same as climbing Black diamond make brilliant cams but crap boulder pads, DMM make awesome cams, nuts etc but crap harnesses (i know i will be shot down by the ukc mafia in their octavias by slagging off the renegade harness)
 Dark-Cloud 07 Oct 2015
In reply to ffati:

I don't expect there is more than a few manufacturers making skins out there, they are probably made by Pomoca or Kohla etc.
 damowilk 07 Oct 2015
In reply to ffati:
I have a pair for my Nunataqs. I'm pretty sure they're made by Coltex. They're mohair/nylon mix. I got mine on offer too. Mine are glue, I think newer ones are the glue-less vacuum type?

The peg method for putting them on is good. I found mine were too wide: I trimmed them down with a G3 skin tool; not sure I was meant to do this with mixed skins as the edge is a bit ragged now and lots of fine fibres came loose and stuck to the glue, d'oh!

Overall happy with them. They don't seem at climb quite as good as pure nylon, the only type I've used before, but not much in it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...