UKC

Costa Blanca Winter Accommodation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samwillo 07 Oct 2015
Dear all,

Thinking of spending the winter (~6 weeks) in the Costa Blanca, has anyone else been out for that length of time. Any good recommendations for longer term affordable accommodation?

Probably going to devote the majority of our time at the Wild Side, so looking for close-ish to Sella. We'll have a car as well! Looking for place for 2, although space for a third (sofa bed ect.) would be a bonus.

Cheers,
Sam
Wiley Coyote2 07 Oct 2015
In reply to samwillo:
Depends what you call 'affordable'. I've done some 6-8 week trips over the last two winters but stayed on the coast. Just Google Costa Blanca accommodation and loads comes up. Some is expensive but there is a good selection of cheaper stuff too. Once you start talking about a 6-8 weeks out-of-season booking people are usually willing to negotiate. I've paid about £100 - £120 a week, which split between 2 or three is not bad at all.
Post edited at 17:52
OP samwillo 07 Oct 2015
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

Cheers! So much came up when I googled 'Costa Blanca accommodation' that I thought I'd try give myself a head start by asking around first. Yeh should add that looking at the £300-400ish per month bracket
Wiley Coyote2 07 Oct 2015
In reply to samwillo:

Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming can't it? Some of the sites let you put in a max figure which whittles it down a bit and some won't let you book for more than 4 weeks so you have to email the owners direct, which allows you to start negotiating. By this time quite a lot will have gone which limits your choice but by the same token the owners will be starting to be grateful for bookings. Good luck. After my last two winters I can't imagine why I stayed shivering in the UK when I'm free to have the sun instead.
Adruimon 12 Oct 2015
In reply to samwillo:

The cheepest will be to stay at the Refugio, and the closest also. There are three climbers running it now.

Another option is to find a town house in Sella or Finestrat (village not coast) for rent, there are many on the holiday rental sites like this one rentalia.com/61257 (first choice I found randomly)
 3leggeddog 12 Oct 2015
In reply to samwillo:

Don't discount staying in Benidorm, the accommodation is very cheap, as is eating out. Only a short drive to a load of crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...