UKC

Great British Bake-off

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BusyLizzie 07 Oct 2015
I've never been interested in cookery programmes before - but the children made me watch this, and I've really enjoyed it. The secret is that the contestants are so loveable, isn't it? How can I cope now it's over?

L
 ben b 08 Oct 2015
In reply to BusyLizzie: You're quite right, what sounds fairly unpromising was in fact just magnificent. Compulsive viewing to the end. Nadiya's win was wonderful, and made for great TV.

Really amazed to see Mary have a quick blub about Nadia, very touching. What a lovely bunch of people. Even Paul (when he's not having affairs with overseas co-hosts, anyway).

b
 Fraser 08 Oct 2015
In reply to ben b:

I watched him on a programme about his love of Aston Martin cars the other day which was pretty good. I never really got into the Bake Off thing but the few times I've seen bits, it's been quite watchable.
 Alyson 08 Oct 2015
In reply to BusyLizzie:

I agree - I think the contestants were all lovable. For the final I was just hoping for everyone to do well and nobody to have a disaster. The three showstoppers were all magnificent, they did themselves proud! Mel and Sue were on top form too
 ben b 08 Oct 2015
In reply to Alyson:

I thought Paul and Mary played it just right, too - not going for too much willy-waving or Headmistress schlock. Instead we saw two talented people being quite supportive of their charges and delighting in their skills. Mel and Sue remain just perfect as a foil for the judges.

The only shame has been those racist, misogynist idiots at the Mail and the Sun, but hopefully most normal people will tell them where to put their conspiracies!

b

Yanis Nayu 08 Oct 2015
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Great series, 3 talented and lovely finalists and they all did well in the showstopper. Nadiya was a worthy winner.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...