UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Tom Randall's Final Round

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Oct 2015
Tom Randall on The Final Round, 3 kbWe recently reported that "WideBoy" Tom Randall had climbed a new line on Ilam Rock at Dovedale, named The Final Round, graded HXS 8a+/b and believed to be the hardest limestone trad climb in the Peak District. There is now a video of Tom's time working and completing the route from Rab and Crimpington Bear Productions.

Read more
In reply to UKC News:
Wow .... Good effort Tom .... It looked pretty damned scary at the top out
 Dave Foster 10 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Well done and nice video.

Haven't been out climbing for years but I'll never forget that familiar look on Tom's face at the end of the route - the one that says I got a bit more than I was expecting there.
In reply to UKC News:

Those boys sure love placing their skyhooks! And his face at the end... we've all been there! Falling not really an option, vertical progress seeming unlikely
 andi turner 11 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Such an amazing piece of climbing on an outstanding face. Fantastic.

Tom, it's pronounced "eye-lamb". I told you this, no one will know where you're on about otherwise ;p

Albachoss 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Great shot at 0:57!
 JamieAyres 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Amazing!

What was the saw for I wonder? Tree in the way?
 chris fox 13 Oct 2015
In reply to Albachoss:

Perfectly timed flypast from an RAF Hurcules
 snoop6060 13 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC News:

What are the routes like for mere mortals here? The Wong Edge and the The Gladiator for example. Looks a lovely piece of rock but its a bit of a trek for me (and has an hours walk in!).
 Wil Treasure 13 Oct 2015
In reply to snoop6060:

It's nowhere near an hour to walk in, more like 25 mins and flat.

The E1 up the right arete is reasonably good, and there are other good low E-grade routes in the valley.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...