UKC

Problem with date matching in new Logbooks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Farnell 11 Oct 2015
The new logbook system is, well, log. The brown type. I cannot log anything as it just keeps coming up with 'you must use this format' on the date. The old system was much easier and simpler to use.

Andy F
In reply to andy farnell:

Are you trying to add from the crag, climb or My Logbook page? And what route please.
OP Andy Farnell 11 Oct 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: I've tried every way, on both mobile and tablet. The route is Pie Man, F7C, Trowbarrow.

Andy F

What date are you using? I've just added it to my logbook OK.
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:
Todays date, tried both quick dates and adding manually.

Andy F.

I've added it without a date and it went in, but it now won't let me edit the date, or add any comments. Arrrggghhhh!

Andy F
Hi Andy, sorry about this. I've tested it in a lots of browsers and it's been fine in all of them.

I can't reproduce the problem here but I'll try and get it sorted for you. What browser/OS are you on please?

EDIT: I've just tried switching to your profile, clicked on My Logbook, edited it and it went through fine. It sounds like your browser isn't interpreting the allowed date fields correctly. It that's the case I'll try rewriting the checking method.
Post edited at 15:25
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: Chrome, windows 8.1 on a surface tablet, windows 8.1 on my phone.

Andy F

Could you try adding it again from here please? Pie Man (f7C)

If that fix works for you I'll copy the changes over to the other methods of adding/editing logbook entries.
 ianstevens 11 Oct 2015

> The new logbook system is, well, log. The brown type.

Agreed. The old format was far nicer and easier to read.

The date is now on, but I still can't edit it or add any comments

Andy F

I've copied the changes to the log edit form so hopefully, that's fixed it for you.

Still not working for me

Andy F
Hmm, maybe you tablet wasn't identifying itself as a mobile browser. I've completely removed the previous date checking method now.

It seems like case is an odd one as it should be supported in your browser: http://caniuse.com/#feat=input-pattern
Post edited at 16:36

The edit button recognises its been pressed, but then nothing happens so I can't add a comment.

Andy F

Did you just upgrade to windows 10? I had a similar problem with completely different software due to the country setting in the operating system being set to the US, so the OS was giving the application dates in US format and the application couldn't cope.
Are you getting the popup window at all when you're clicking edit or is it just the Update Log button not working?

PS. If anyone else is also having a problem with editing a log entry then please let me know here.
Post edited at 17:01
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh: Nope, still on 8.1

Andy F

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH: I'm not getting any pop-up window. The update log button recognises its been pressed, but then nothing.

Andy F

OK, I've tried something else. Please try now.

If it still doesn't for you can you send me your IP address please? https://www.whatismyip.com/ I'll be able to search the logs better with that.

Cheers, Paul.

Mailed you.

Andy F

The bug in Internet Explorer with the Add/Edit function is fixed now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...