UKC

Photos and logbooks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Kemball 11 Oct 2015
There's a lot I like about the new look UKC, but I've found a bit of a problem with the logbook links to photographs. Firstly, you no longer have a thumbnail photo with the route overview, a pity, I think. When I click on the "view photos", the pictures have a dotted line running down the middle, dividing the "previous" and "next" section of the photo. This is often not visible on the first photo I view, but appears on the next and subsequent photos.

(Internet Explorer)
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Hi Mark,

I've not managed to reproduce this on my machine. If possible can you drop me an email with a screenshot of the issue to help with debugging efforts? You can email me through my profile.

Cheers,

Martin

Hi Mark, do you get the same bug when clicking on a photo and flicking through them here?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=7562

I suspect it's a problem with Internet Explorer and the gallery pop-up.
OP Mark Kemball 12 Oct 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Yes, same problem, no line on the first photo, line appears on second and subsequent photos when scrolling through, and also on the first photo when I scroll back to it.

What version of Internet Explorer are you on please?

Sorry, the short answer is I don't know! (I tried "properties and all I got was "internet explorer".) My operating system is "Windows 7, Home Premium" if that's relevant, and I'm on a desktop.
 cwarby 12 Oct 2015

I'm on a laptop on Windows 8.1 - same issue. Think I've got a screen shot, will send.
Chris
 HeMa 12 Oct 2015

Hi,

Indeed, I can also see it. On IE11.

Seems like it's a mapping thing, related to one clickin' on the right side of the pic to go for the next pic.

screenshot here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aszzq88kdqh2lwp/err.JPG?dl=0
 cwarby 12 Oct 2015
In reply to HeMa:

Yep, that's it.
Martin - forget mail, it would only duplicate HeMa.

Chris
In reply to HeMa:

Sorted that dotted line issue with IE. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks. New look UKC is looking good, I particularly like the way the forums show the topics I have been following in green.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...