UKC

Where to Climb in Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mollythedog 14 Oct 2015
Hi,
Just having an easy climbing trip to Costa Blanca and looking for the next trip. I liked Arco, but have had 3 trips there, and one to Finale. Where else has easy bolted stuff, probably only up to about 5, and is easy to get to?
It doesn't have to be Italy but that would be good.
Cheers,
Sue.
 jimtitt 15 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:

San Vito lo Capo, Sicily.
 aostaman 15 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:
Aosta / Chamonix. Mani Nude is the guide for the Italian side. Flights Geneva or Turin.
 Null 15 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:

Muzzerone (near La Spezia) - a bit like Finale but I think nicer
 timjones 15 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:

> Hi,

> Just having an easy climbing trip to Costa Blanca and looking for the next trip. I liked Arco, but have had 3 trips there, and one to Finale. Where else has easy bolted stuff, probably only up to about 5, and is easy to get to?

> It doesn't have to be Italy but that would be good.

> Cheers,

> Sue.

Sardinia or Corsica.

We've just got home from Corsica and can't wait to go back, a lovely island with great granite climbing at all grades.

tjekel 16 Oct 2015
In reply to timjones:

Sperlonga has lots at grade 5, some multipitch at gaeta;

the Trieste / Osp area has lots of routes as well ... climbing without frontiers is the guidebook.
 HeMa 17 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:

Ponte Brolla might suit ya just fine, while it is in CH, it is the only italian speakin' canton. And generally the whole Tessin/Ticino offers quite a bit of climbing in the lower grades. Heck, there's almost a km long bolted multipitch of roughy f4+/5 (Via del Veterano).

Also possibility to sample some fine bouldering (Cresciano, Chironico and Gottard pass, depending on the season when you're there).
Mollythedog 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Mollythedog:

Thank you all! I can see a bit of guidebook shopping might be next.
I've got a guide for Trieste, but they look a bit hard. It must be an old guide.
Winter is for planning....
Thanks,
Sue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...