UKC

Situation in El Chorro and Camino Del Rey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nutme 15 Oct 2015
That is situation and access right to the climbs in Camino Del Rey at the moment?

I remember reading about rebuilding the walkway earlier this year and that it may threaten access to the climb.
 Pedro50 15 Oct 2015
In reply to nutme:

As far as I am aware the new camino has been completed above the old one. Access is limited by booking - my sister was in Mallaga for a half marathon and was unable to get a ticket when I suggested she would enjoy it. I believe climbing above the walkway or rapping off it is completely banned so part of the charm of El Chorro has been removed. Still plenty of other stuff though
OP nutme 16 Oct 2015
Thank you Pedro.
I know there is plenty to do, but Caminito itself was a gem. As we are renting car and flexible with place to go may drop El Chorro and drive elsewhere.
 Marek 16 Oct 2015
In reply to Pedro50:

Unless something has changed recently, the rules are that climbers with 3rd party liability insurance (e.g., BMC) and helmets can access the gorge via the walkway without booking. The only restrictions are bans on climbing directly above the walkway and using the walkway as a belay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...