UKC

Top roping and sport climbing instruction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Harry Cook 15 Oct 2015
Hi, I'm fairly new to climbing, I've done a fair bit, however I want to progress out onto my own. My brother is only 11 and I'm 15 so he can't really trad climb, and the idea is I can take him and family out climbing. This means I'll need to know how to set up top rope climbs, sport climbs and how to bring people up on a multi pitch sport climb. This leads me to ask if there's anybody willing to take me out for a few days? (bearing in mind I've already done one full day) before Christmas so I can learn the ropes and begin to progress up. My nearest climbs are places around burbage, stanage etc in the Peak District and I've sport climbed at horseshoe quarry before.
Thanks Harry
In reply to h.cook2000:

Hi Harry, you might struggle unless you have one of your parent's present.
Andy Gamisou 17 Oct 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

> Hi Harry, you might struggle unless you have one of your parent's present.

Why on earth would this response elicit a dislike?
OP Harry Cook 17 Oct 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Hi one of my parents will deffinetly be present as they want to know I'm safe and when I start on my own I know what I'm doing.
Cheers Harry
 Jamie B 18 Oct 2015
In reply to h.cook2000:

Use this link to find a qualified and fully-insured professional instructor: http://www.ami.org.uk/find-an-instructor

Make sure that whoever you are using holds the Mountaineering Instructor Award (MIA) which is the appropriate award for the activities you list.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...