UKC

Winter Partners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scott Anderson 19 Oct 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to increase the amount of people I know that enjoy (on some level) and want to get out winter climbing. I haven't done a great deal yet, a bit in the Lakes last year, some in Scotland in January and a little (albeit very hot) experience in the Alps this summer, I have a fair amount of experience on rock, but I really want to get my teeth into winter this season.

I live in the Peak and so would be happy to share costs on travel for weekend jaunts to the Scottish areas, but am also looking for people to travel further afield with this winter (Norway/Italy etc).

Give me a shout if your interested
Scott
 Marc Langley 19 Oct 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hey Scott,

I am certainly keen to expand on my current winter partners. I have had a couple a seasons in the Alps now climbing D+ and a good number of years in Scotland and the lakes. I live in Leeds so Ideal for sharing lifts etc. I climb allot in the peak both trad and bouldering. I am uber flexible to with weekends so if conditions are in I am game

I don't update update my profile much on here I tend to drop in and out just to see whats going on but im more than happy to give you my number and you can drop me a text.

Regards
Marc
In reply to Marc Langley:

Sounds great Marc, Ive sent you a mail!

In reply to fifth:

Hi Marc/Scott

I'm always on the look out for more winter climbing partners. I'm a similar area to you both (Selby) and generally flexible on weekends. I'm up for anything from daytrips in the Lakes or Peak, to weekends in Scotland or dirt bag trips abroad.

I'll try to remember how to send private emails on here and pass you my number.

Matt
In reply to waiting for snow:

You are indeed close by Matt, I'm sending you a PM now
 simonward 22 Oct 2015
In reply to fifth:

You should come to the white goods meet. There will be loads of winter climbers to chat too and you can start getting strong for winter.
In reply to simonward:

Thanks for the reminder, weekend of the 31st! I may well see if i can shift some jobs about and head down.
 davidswannn 14 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hi Scott,

I'm based in central Scotland. Although not close to you, I done a couple of winter weeks last year and am eager to build on it this year and see what level I can progress to, but really seem to have problems finding reliable partners. I have done a couple of the route; Dorsal Arete, Twisting Gully, Broad Gully and Ledge route, but would happily repeat any of these winter routes again. I’d hope to be comfortable at Grade III or IV by the end of the seaon.
I'm offshore until 6th Jan and but intend to not work for the rest of the winter season. I have a week booked with Martin Moran 6-12th Feb, but other than that I'm free everyday. If this sounds like what you're looking for PM me.

Davy Swan
Ted1212 17 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

See my recent posting for trip to Norway - Rjukan- 3 - 10 Feb.
 George Salt 17 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:
Hi Scott. I'd be keen to join you on that. Eager to get out as much as possible before heading back to work late febuary.

Will be out of country until the 9th January mind. I live near Matlock. Hopefully
Scotland will be have good conditions by that time but if not there's always dry tooling locally.

I'll pm you
my number for later reference.
Cheers.
George

George Salt 17 Dec 2015
In reply to davidswannn:
Hi there, like you my friend....I will be free for just over a month when i come back to the country in mid January. I'll be doing quite a lot up here in Scotland so if ever there's good conditions then feel free to be in touch.
George

annak 17 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hey Scott,

I'm based in Oslo, so I'm not really your go-to for Scotland but if you're thinking of Norway at any point and fancy going climbing give me a nudge

Anna
 davidswannn 26 Dec 2015
In reply to gkrgeorge:

I'm committed mid Jan, but will be looking towards the end of the month for partners if you're around
Bhealey 27 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:
Hi guys, I'm gonna do a generic reply here. I live in my van in Europe and am always keen for partners. I'm away in Colorado till the middle of Feb but will be in Munich till April so if anyone fancies a trip to the Austrian part of the Alps then let me know. I have no idea of my lead potential but will when I'm back from the states. Unfortunately I'm going to be busy in Germany for most of this season but I'm keen to stay in contact to make better plans for next season if people fancy it.
 Dave Payne 27 Dec 2015
In reply to davidswannn:

Hi Davy,

I've moved up to near Glasgow recently and will be looking to go climbing on weekends.
Let me know if your looking for someone to climb with when your around.

Likewise anyone else reading this in the area happy climbing about III to IV.

Cheers,

Dave
 Greenman28 28 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hi folks, also keen to get out as much as possible. Weekends good but pretty flexible to juggle work commitments. I'm doing winter ML training in mid January so any time in the hills good but want to be getting some routes in too. I'm recently based near Glasgow so Scottish areas of particular interest. I can meet nearby (or on the way through) or pick up from the station.

Cheers, matt
 arranmoffat 30 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hi. I'm based in Edinburgh. Have car, rack, rope etc and experienced to grade III up in Aviemore. Keen to get some climbs in this winter me to progress up the grades. Cheers.
 dougyt26 30 Dec 2015
In reply to fifth:

Hi would love to do some daytime trips out to the lakes and start of next year Scotland for the weekend. Climbed a couple of grade 2s but found it super easy.
mickeydevann 31 Dec 2015
In reply to Greenman28:

im recently based in Aviemore and looking for climbing partners for this winter. I have thursdays off work. let me know if this suits. cheers Dave
 ADAMSTUBS 05 Jan 2016
In reply to fifth:

Hi Scott, Im looking to get out more this season too, already have a couple of trips planned to scotland over the next few weeks but would be well up for more. Including alps. Im based in Portsmouth.

Adam.
 Whitters 05 Jan 2016
In reply to fifth:

Hi,

Am keen to get out as much as possible to Lakes/Scotland and certainly up for trips further afield in the future.

I'm based south of York (not far from Selby) and happy to drive/contribute.

I am currently planning to be in Scotland between the 12th-21st February (12th-15th on a club meet) if anyone is able to get up during that week?

M
In reply to Whitters:

Anyone looking to get out this week? Conditions look like they might be pretty good?
 Shuttsie 15 Feb 2016
In reply to fifth:
I'm going up tomorrow. Planned to be soloing about SCNL Tuesday. Roadside layby Car park glencoe leaving 8am if you or anyone wants to join me. Grey VW TRANSPORTER.
 bobpilgrem 15 Feb 2016
In reply to Shuttsie:
Sent you a message
Bob 07581566182

shunty 15 Feb 2016
In reply to fifth:

I am based in Keswick and looking for experienced climbing partner. Winter/Rock anything Trad basically. Midweek and weekend.
Brilliant winter conditions high up just now.
Also looking for partner for 2 week trip to Lofoten, open and flexible on dates. Winter or summer, maybe both.
Nigel
 alan barnes 15 Feb 2016
In reply to fifth:

I am looking for someone to climb with on Thursday, most likely around Glencoe.
Let me know if you are free.
Cheers
Al.
Zarba 16 Feb 2016
In reply to fifth:

Hi there, my name is Salva, I am also looking for friends to go for winter climbing at highlands.
I am climbing grade III/IV and I am based in Edinburgh.

Cheers

Salva
 El_Dave_H 17 Feb 2016
In reply to fifth:

Hi,

Have climbed up to IV, happy seconding at this grade, haven't lead though. Also have one Alpine trip under my belt in the same heatwave as yourself, by the sound of it. Looking to get more Scottish winter experience plus overseas.

London based but can travel given a bit of notice, including abroad (anyone up for Morocco before the snow b*ggers off?).

Will pack mule in exchange for knowledge, always gets round in, etc

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...