UKC

cold winter predicted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Pinkelephant 19 Oct 2015
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-set-white-christmas-36-6659114...

Yeah! I am getting my axes sharpened....(just in case they are really right ...)
 DaveHK 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Pinkelephant:

Have there not already been about 8 threads on this?
Lusk 19 Oct 2015

Winter is on its way and cold weather is predicted.
Well, F*ck me!
 CurlyStevo 19 Oct 2015

typical tabloid winter weather click bait. Has no bearing on whether it will be a cold winter or not they say it nearly every year.
 Trangia 19 Oct 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> typical tabloid winter weather click bait.

Ah! But the bookies aren't fools. They know something...........

climbwhenready 19 Oct 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

But there be berries still on the bushes, a hard winter is coming. Arrrr.
 CurlyStevo 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Trangia:
Well I heard the atlantic sea temperature was colder than normal. it doesn't change the fact the tabloids always say this stuff. They said it last year too and there was barely a frost to sea level in most areas.

Really they can't predict the way the wind is going to blow / the weather systems are going to come from in the core winter months this far ahead and that will be the defining factor of the winter.
Post edited at 17:52
 Trangia 19 Oct 2015
In reply to climbwhenready:

> But there be berries still on the bushes, a hard winter is coming. Arrrr.

Arrrr and the wurzle grub arrived at the same time as the Bewick's Swans. They both be a month too early.
Pinkelephant 19 Oct 2015
In reply to DaveHK:

I apologise. Don't know. I was quite busy working this week, so I just saw this and it was just a bit of a joke.... Sorry if it offended anyone....Honestly, can one not post something vaguely funny (as perceived by oneself) anymore?
 Timmd 19 Oct 2015

Yes, it's time to bring UKC back to it's old friendly self,

I ha ha'd and haw haw'd and tee hee'd at your thread.
Pinkelephant 19 Oct 2015
Guys, this was supposed to be a tongue in cheek post, the second half of my sentence is supposed to give this away. Of course I don't believe it, noone predicts the weekend weather correctly never mind 3 months ahead- but if it happens it would be nice, no? (At least if you are a winter climber....)
Post edited at 19:13
 Timmd 19 Oct 2015
After hearing about the cold Atlantic and 'sniffing the air' as it were, I decided we're going to be in for a cold winter.

Quite excited at the possibility. It might happen after all.
Post edited at 19:13
Pinkelephant 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Timmd:

Thank you! It was just some lighthearted supposedly vaguely humorous post, not a serious discussion about weather forecasting models....
 planetmarshall 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Bookies set odds based on what they think people will bet on, not however likely the event is.
 DaveHK 19 Oct 2015

> Honestly, can one not post something vaguely funny (as perceived by oneself) anymore?

You can post whatever you like but you need to be prepared for others to like, dislike, agree, disagree, think it's funny, think it's unfunny, call you a prat and a whole world of other responses you never even thought of.

Believe it or not this is the thing that makes UKC good.
 chris fox 20 Oct 2015

Maybe Kinder will form early!!!!!!!
 digby 20 Oct 2015

> Honestly, can one not post something vaguely funny (as perceived by oneself) anymore?

It was just you, I think.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...