UKC

Flatanger beta :)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 zv 19 Oct 2015
Hello folks,

I'm trying to arrange a trip to Flatanger in Norway for 2016 and wanted to ask the collective knowledge of UKC a few questions:

1. Is the end of March still too cold to sport climb there comfortably?

2. Was it relatively easy to get there by public transport? I read on UKC that there used to be a bus, but now this has been cancelled however, taxi's are in place for the same price. Is it still the case?

3. What did you guys do for accomodation? Is it possible to camp?

4. Any route recommendations? I equally enjoy climbing 3 star 5s, 6s and falling off amazing 7as and 7bs.

Many thanks and happy climbing!
 JuneBob 19 Oct 2015
In reply to zmv:

1. End of March is early, good chance there will still be snow, it'll be cold, too early really. All the climbers here will be skiing.

2. I only ever drive, not sure about public transport

3. You camp at the farm. It's 80nok per night, but there's kitchen and washing facilities

4. Everyone is doing Thor's hammer so it must be good. I've added a fair number of routes to the flatanger crag guide on here, with stars. There's a multi pitch starting with Min første gang which is quite fun. A few fun 6s too.
 JuneBob 20 Oct 2015
In reply to zmv:

Having said that - looking back at their facebook page, this March was pretty ok. But the last few winters have been pretty poor snow-wise.

https://www.facebook.com/ClimbFlatanger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...