UKC

majorca sport climbing areas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Inhambane 21 Oct 2015
Hello

Could anyone recommend climbing areas in Majorca (Mallorca) that have a good selection of sport routes at grades 4 and 5? Good for a whole days outing.

I have had a quick look on UKC but not found a great deal.

Many thanks.
 james1978 21 Oct 2015
In reply to Inhambane:
La creveta near port pollensa, puig de santa maria near alcudia and la font in pollensa should start you off.
There's also some easier graded stuff at andratx too.
Post edited at 17:08
 tjekel 21 Oct 2015
In reply to james1978:

Not to forget sa gubia ...
 The Ivanator 21 Oct 2015
In reply to Inhambane:

I'd say you will get a lot more from the trip if you can get confident at 6a, easy crags (as your browse has suggested) are hard to come by. A couple of the 4+ lines at La Creveta are fantastic, but some of the other easy stuff there is poorly bolted and there are not quite as many amenable climbs as it may appear - a half days worth at most.
S'estret might be worth a visit, a few good 4s and 5s there. Not been there, but Puig de San Marti looks promising in the right grade range. You might find enough for a day at Cala Magraner too, plus it is an idyllic seaside location well worth seeking out.
 Fiona Reid 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Inhambane:

La Creveta and Cala Magraner both have some easier climbs.

At La Creveta you may find a having clip stick helpful as some of the first bolts on the easier climbs are high up and above a fairly rubbish landing. I don't recall Cala Magraner having such high first bolts but then the routes are generally shorter there.

OP Inhambane 26 Oct 2015
In reply to Inhambane:

thanks for the tips I'll get researching.

Isn't it always the case that if you can climb harder it means you can do more routes
 mark catcher 26 Oct 2015
In reply to Inhambane: In that grade range wouldn't it but miles more fun to get involved in the brilliant DWS, especially as the sport routes are so average? Depending on time of year of course.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...