UKC

3 months on Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stairclimber 21 Oct 2015
I have already been to Kalymnos several times and am considering a 3 month stay next Autumn 2016. Can anyone suggest anywhere in particular to rent for a couple, with a reasonable level of comfort and a good internet connection? Not necessarily in Masouri. I was quite impressed with Kantouni for example. Any other helpful comments would be appreciated.
 John Alcock 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Stairclimber:

Ritas in Masouri is often the cheapest place. Quite a few places will give you a good deal if you're staying a long time.
PS Bastard- wish I could go for three months
OP Stairclimber 23 Oct 2015
In reply to John Alcock:

Struggling with flights in November at the moment. Have had a couple of replies from places found on internet that seem to just multiply the daily rate by 90 days. What's a 'good' rate for a long stay? I've met people at crags that seemed to have been paying for a three week stay what I was for two weeks.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 23 Oct 2015
In reply to Stairclimber:
We stayed on Kalymnos for four months in 2010/11 and three 1/2 months in 2011/12. Once the seasons really ends (mid to late November) the whole west coast coast resorts become deserted - with virtually no restaurants or supermarkets open.

The weather was mixed - generally way better than the UK but quite unsettled with some cold spells and a fair amount of rain. Loads of details on my blog; http://chriscraggs.blogspot.fr/2010/12/taste-of-north.html

We managed to get a car and an apartment for roughly 50% of the going rate.

You will probably need to travel via Athens,

Chris

PS we loved it but like peace and quiet more then most!
Post edited at 09:26

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...