UKC

Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dazmac 21 Oct 2015
Hi all,

Has anybody been out recently trekking was thinking of heading out end of the year maybe do an easy trek.

have done a quick search cant find reliable information. have emailed the company I used last time waiting on a response.

D
 Brass Nipples 21 Oct 2015
In reply to dazmac:

Friends just returned from Annapurna
 Tom Briggs 22 Oct 2015
In reply to dazmac:
What do you want to know? Apart from Langtang and Manaslu/Tsum all of the main trekking areas are open. We have 100+ people in country right now and my colleague is just back from Mustang where there is no discernable evidence of earthquake, despite our Foreign Office advising against all but essential travel until recently. Occupancy in hotels in e.g. Pokhara down 70%. Very few Brits out there but lots of other nationalities trekking. The blockade by India is the issue, not the EQ. Fuel shortage in KTM, limited menus in restaurants. Less of a problem up country where stores are in place for current trekking season.
Post edited at 07:18
OP dazmac 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Cheers Tom, you answered my questions. flights booked.
 Dauphin 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Tom Briggs:

Is insurance still an issue? Was in India a couple of months ago and groups originally booked for Nepal where using Ladakh.

D
 Twisty 22 Oct 2015
In reply to dazmac:

Just got back from two weeks there. No evidence of quakes at all, and as we were on motorbikes, the fuel shortage was the issue. It has been reported that financially this has hit Nepal harder than the earthquakes in April.

We did a quick bimbly trek up the Thorong La Pass, but just in a day, mostly spent the trip on bikes. There were a fair few out trekking though, probably less than normal, but a fair few. Beautiful country, people and culture. Get out there.
 Tyler 22 Oct 2015
In reply to dazmac:

Just leaving hotel in Katmandu now about to fly back. All is good in Kumbu valley, had a great time. I hope to write more on my return, certainly no reason not to come and the country desperately needs tourists
 Tyler 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Dauphin:

Insurance is related to HMG travel advice. They are not advising that you shouldn't travel so should not be a problem. Either way BMC were offering insurance throughout for most areas
OP dazmac 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Cheers all just wanted it confirming just need to decide what to do, I am out over christmas and have about 20 days to play with any suggestions on the unusual side less traveled areas.

cheers.

D
trollman 24 Oct 2015
In reply to dazmac:

Could I just add a quick Nepal question, two of us going out next week to walk EBC, is it possible to hire porters just for the walk back down and roughly how much should we plan for, newbies to Nepal, so is 8 up and 4 down sound about right, want to go slow up but quick down so we can do some other stuff as out for 22 days
Thanks andy
 Darron 24 Oct 2015
In reply to Twisty:

You've lost me there. Thorung La in a day!!!
 Twisty 01 Nov 2015
In reply to Darron:

From Muktinath and back down... just to stretch our legs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...