UKC

Some short-ish Backpacks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lone 22 Oct 2015
Hi All

Work are sending me to Scotland for two week's in November, I'm thinking of doing some backpacks on the days I have off, Friday-Sunday of each of the two weeks

I was thinking of the West Island Way a 40km trek, I could do it both ways over the 3 days, has anyone done this route on the Island of Bute ?

Any idea's would be great, I did think of 'part of the' the Skye trail too ...

Cheers

Jason
Grim 23 Oct 2015
In reply to lone:
Not done the whole trail but the south section wasn't close enough to the coast to be interesting IMO. Bute was a bit of a disappointment, with great views to Arran sort of making you wish you were there instead! It is easily accessible however and as there aren't really any hills it's pretty easy going.
OP lone 23 Oct 2015
In reply to Grim:

Thanks for the info -

I might go to Arran

J
 d_b 31 Oct 2015
In reply to lone:
There are plenty of options in the Cairngorms.

Derry Cairngorm, Ben Macdui and Carn a Mhaim is quite a good first day, with a high camp and crossing the Lairig Ghru for day 2.
Post edited at 17:06
 d_b 31 Oct 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Braemar to Tomintoul would be a good one in that area if you wanted to stick to tracks.
 ModerateMatt 31 Oct 2015
In reply to lone:

If you are looking for backpacking on lower ground, like you sugested. the Afric-kintail way has great views and desecd places to stay.
 Greasy Prusiks 31 Oct 2015
In reply to lone:

Nothing comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned I'm afraid. However I really like that quote on your profile, any chance you can remember the source? Best of luck with the trip.
Greasy
 d_b 01 Nov 2015
In reply to lone:

Cape Wrath might be good if they aren't using the range. Not managed to get up there myself but I know there's a bothy.
 andrew ogilvie 01 Nov 2015
In reply to lone:
How about Dalwhinnie to Fort William , plenty nice hills but good options for low level too.
EDITED to remind you that I think Culra Bothy is now closed.
Post edited at 21:00
OP lone 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Source was from my Psychotherapist
OP lone 06 Nov 2015
In reply to davidbeynon:

Thanks David

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...