UKC

Organic Boulder Pads online

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Organic Climbing are famous for the quality of their boulder pads, with specially made foam and unique colours. We have a huge range online along with Chalk Bags, Back Packs and T shirts. https://www.theclimbingacademy.com/brand/organic/
In reply to The Climbing Academy: I don't get it, are the products made from organic materials?! It appears not, weird choice of name for sure

Durbs 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

From their website:
"Bouldering is the most organic form of climbing. At Organic Climbing, USA we are committed to producing the best gear possible"
Tenuous...

I'm actually surprised to learn their products aren't actually organic, I kind of assumed that was the point.
In reply to Durbs:

Its a pointless name, maybe people in America interpret it differently.
 yodadave 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

Almost as weird as Black Diamond gear not actually being made of Diamonds,
Wild country gear being based in England,
Petzl not selling pretzels,
Aliens not being produced by actual aliens,
and Clog never actually selling clogs.

On a less satirical point I believe Organic are pursuing soy (as opposed to oil) based foams. However their pads are made with the goal of being the best, nothing less. I've never seen one that looked trashed, I cant say the same for any other mat brand that im aware of. And i've never bottomed out on one unlike a lot of the cheaper brands I've tried. Just my opinions.

I do think the word itself has different connotations in the US
 Durbs 11 Nov 2015
In reply to yodadave:

Indeed - I've heard nothing but great reviews of their pads, and maybe it's just an across-the-pond thing, but "Organic" has very strong meanings here.
 toad 12 Nov 2015
In reply to The Climbing Academy:

From memory, I think the term has legal protection in the UK, so might (stress might I'm not trying to stir anything) fall foul of trading standards

ah. Here:

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32007R0834

"For the sake of consumer protection and fair competition, the terms used to indicate organic products should be protected from being used on non-organic products throughout the Community and independently of the language used. The protection should also apply to the usual derivatives or diminutives of those terms, whether they are used alone or combined"

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...