UKC

PDG, Pierra Menta, Mezzalama

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Gordon 22 Oct 2015
Anyone done any of them? Hoping to do any/all. Love to hear any stories! Training, tips for planning etc. Many thanks.
 philipjardine 23 Oct 2015
In reply to James Gordon:

quite a few brits have done the pdg in recent years. getting places seems to be getting harder. I see you have a military connection which i think does increase your chances. the pierra menta (and the mezzalama) are tougher. there are lots of shorter races in the alps these days as well. At least 2 eagles groups have applied for pdg places next year ( i think applications closed a few weeks ago)
 JuneBob 23 Oct 2015
In reply to James Gordon:

I'm hoping to do Pierra Menta this season. I got in Mezzalama last season (the reverse route) but we found out 3 days before the race it would be postponed due to bad weather, and we couldn't make the following weekend. But as it was great weather there and then we just did the route ourselves a couple days before the original race date. Super fun, especially along Castor.
The one thing we learnt is that we were terrible at running downhill in crampons, so I'm practising that this season.
I do skimo racing in Norway/Sweden, there's some really fun routes. I intend to do the Romsdal Rando this season which looks awesome: vimeo.com/123183255. I chose to do another race on that weekend last season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...