UKC

Miura vs alternatives?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 25 Oct 2015
Hi folks,

I've been happily climbing with miura vs shoes for the past 6 months but durability seems to be their down fall. 1st pair the toe rubber started to delaminate and the 2nd pair had the same issue but the 'sling shot' last also split.
At first I thought the premature toe wear might be due to poor foot work but my anasazis lasted a good 9 months before needing a re sole and after the first pair wore through I was very careful with foot placement.

Can anyone recommend a similar feeling pair of shoes that might stand up to abuse a little better please?
Thanks!!
 alasdair19 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

I tend to split indoor training and performance shoes.

for training I get whatever is cheap and resoled
will probably buy some decathlon ones soon

performance I have old scarpa vapour lace which have just been discontinued so you may be able to pick up cheaply.
 neuromancer 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

Miura VS are fit for a wide foot (according to la Sportiva) so you may find a different experience with Instinct VS - slightly more durable rubber but slightly thinner on the sole so may resist toe problems?
 PPP 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

Try Tenaya Oasi. Brilliant shoes and good enough for Alex Megos to execute a first 9a on-sight and competitors. Maybe they are made for my type of feet, but they just fit so well.
 Anoetic 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

I moved on from miura vs onto 5.10 blancos, la sportiva solutions, and la sportiva genius's. Now the best of all worlds and no compromises 😄
Ysgo 25 Oct 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

I think that's a recommendation for the Instinct VS? If it is, I second it. Similar stiffness, and downturn but far better construction. I know someone who's resoled a pair 4 times!

Ignore whoever suggested the Oasi. It's a great shoe, but it's super soft, and a very narrow fit. Great but completely different to the Miura VS.
 neuromancer 25 Oct 2015
In reply to Ysgo:

Same with blancos - narrow feet.

Genius are similar width but not the same shoe.
 najki_2000 26 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

I've had quite a few pairs of miuras vs - and they were my nr 1 shoes for outdoors and indoors. While on holidays in Tenerife I picked a cheap (as a new model was lined up soon) pair of Solutions - been climbing in them indoors for over 9 months and only just showing a bit of wear - they were however very hard to break in. Also tried Tenaya Oasi (as someone mentioned above) and they were such a brilliant fit that I actually went on to import a correct size from Germany - and only climb in these outside as solutions are a bit too technical for the routes I do.
 neuromancer 26 Oct 2015
In reply to Tigger:

One point is that Instinct VS's are available new for like £70 which is a bonus.

Then again miura vs's are only 65.
OP Tigger 26 Oct 2015
Thanks folks! I'll have a look at the instincts next time I'm out. Hopefully I'll have them in time for winter bouldering

OP Tigger 26 Oct 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

Where did you find instincts for 70???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...