UKC

Best Radio show ever

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 krikoman 27 Oct 2015
this was fantastic, who knew??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06j5qr3
 Philip 27 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

Giving the second episode a chance but the first was a poor version of what has become a rather tired format on Radio 4.

On the other hand, Miles Jupp has really improved the News Quiz - not looking forward to Toksvig ruining QI.
 Tom Last 27 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

Always wondered what happened to Rob Newman.
robapplegate 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Philip:

Sandi Toksvig will be a breathe of fresh air on QI after so much of Steven Frys self satisfied smugness
 pec 27 Oct 2015
In reply to robapplegate:

> Sandi Toksvig will be a breathe of fresh air on QI after so much of Steven Frys self satisfied smugness >

I'm sure Sandi Toksvig's self satisfied smugness will be a real breath of fresh air.

deepsoup 27 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:
>who knew?

Certainly not me, so thanks for the heads up. Downloading now... :O)
Post edited at 19:22
Andy Gamisou 27 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:
The goons? Hancock? About a gazillion other excellent radio comedy shows? My own favourite was Injury Time circa 1982. Bet not many peeps remember that. Looking forward to listening to your suggestion though. Remember The Mary Whitehouse Experience with fondness.
Post edited at 19:53
 radddogg 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Willi Crater:

> Remember The Mary Whitehouse Experience with fondness.

Milky milky!
 Philip 27 Oct 2015
In reply to robapplegate:

> Sandi Toksvig will be a breathe of fresh air on QI after so much of Steven Frys self satisfied smugness

I think Fry's smugness is part of QI. It would be like Just a Minute without Nicolas Parsons.
It was rather frustrating when Fry seemed to be on ever BBC programme, but now he's faded a bit it's not so bad.
 Wsdconst 27 Oct 2015
In reply to pec:

Err what's that smell ? Has someone been saying sandi toksvig again ?
 Bulls Crack 27 Oct 2015

The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy and more recently the Boosh
In reply to Bulls Crack: The first, definitely one of the best. The second, less so; for me, anyway.

On The Hour, the radio programme from which The Day Today evolved, is up near the top for me. I went from 'wtf?' to pulling off the road because I was hooting with laughter when I caught it for the first time on the way home from work (in 1992, alas...).

T.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015
In reply to Philip:

> Giving the second episode a chance but the first was a poor version of what has become a rather tired format on Radio 4.

> On the other hand, Miles Jupp has really improved the News Quiz - not looking forward to Toksvig ruining QI.

I think he's ruined it, but that's opinions I suppose.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> Milky milky!

See that milky milky, that's you that is.
Andy Gamisou 28 Oct 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

> The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy and more recently the Boosh

Good ones.
Andy Gamisou 28 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

> See that milky milky, that's you that is.

No it's you, and it's your mum, that is.
 Chris the Tall 28 Oct 2015
In reply to Philip:

> On the other hand, Miles Jupp has really improved the News Quiz - not looking forward to Toksvig ruining QI.

He's good, but I preferred toksvig. Difficult shoes to fill on QI, but everything changes sometime. I certainly won't be slagging her off before she's had a chance.....
 jonnie3430 28 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

I thought this would be about sunny govan community radio, 103.5 for those privileged to live in the Glasgow area. Pure dead brilliant.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015
In reply to jonnie3430:

> I thought this would be about sunny govan community radio, 103.5 for those privileged to live in the Glasgow area. Pure dead brilliant.

It doesn't reach down here, though I'm sure it's a very good program.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015

> The goons? Hancock? About a gazillion other excellent radio comedy shows? My own favourite was Injury Time circa 1982. Bet not many peeps remember that. Looking forward to listening to your suggestion though. Remember The Mary Whitehouse Experience with fondness.

That's as maybe, perhaps you missed the information cunningly hidden deep within the comedy.

To be fair it wasn't the comedy which impressed me so much about it.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015

> No it's you, and it's your mum, that is.

See that slim mould walking through the forest, that's your mam that is, it's your mam in her best dress going to church.
 malk 28 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

you may like this- i did..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06kdxsd
Andy Gamisou 28 Oct 2015
In reply to krikoman:

> See that slim mould walking through the forest, that's your mam that is, it's your mam in her best dress going to church.

On balance, I think you are right. Although I strongly suspect your mam to be gay. Currently downloading season 1 of the TV series from YouTube.
OP krikoman 28 Oct 2015
In reply to malk:

> you may like this- i did..

Aye nice one.
 deepsoup 28 Oct 2015
In reply to malk:
Ooh. There's *loads* of that available too. That's the next long drive sorted, ta. :O)

Since this is turning into a "What's the best thing on the radio" thread - stepping away from the comedy for a moment - 'The Listening Project' is a collaboration between the Beeb and the British Library to record and archive a lot of short conversations on all sorts of topics between all sorts of people on all sorts of topics. They can be funny, sad, a bit disturbing sometimes and every once in a while profoundly moving: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cqx3b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...