UKC

Google Cardboard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 27 Oct 2015
Seems unlikely to be any good at the price, is it? Can I use an S4 Mini with it?
 Fraser 27 Oct 2015
In reply to aln:

I've used it to view a 3D architectural model built in Revit. It's surprisingly good. Comfier with the Samsung glasses, but GC is cheaper. Not sure about an S4, I used it on a colleague's iPhone but I'd see no reason why not, you just connect to a host website AFAIK.
OP aln 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Fraser:

Thanks Fraser. What are the Samsung glasses you refer to?
 Fraser 27 Oct 2015
In reply to aln:

Just a 'headset' option manufactured by Samsung. There are lots but the experience depends on the quality of the model you're viewing. GIGO after all! Some other viewer options are here:

https://www.google.co.uk/get/cardboard/get-cardboard/
 ti_pin_man 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Fraser: yep. Ace

OP aln 27 Oct 2015
In reply to aln:

Think I'll give it a go. I see there are now more expensive alternatives "based" on the GC. Any better or just stick with the cheap original?
 Fraser 28 Oct 2015
In reply to aln:

Depends on how often you're planning on making use of them really. If it's long-term you're after, a decent pair is probably the way to go, otherwise if you're just wanting a quick play and see how you get on, the just get the cheapo pair. You could always upgrade if you really get into it and have a requirement for better quality / comfort.
 Thrudge 29 Oct 2015
In reply to aln:

> Think I'll give it a go. I see there are now more expensive alternatives "based" on the GC. Any better or just stick with the cheap original?

The original is fine for a quick look, but wears out very quickly indeed - it's only cardboard, after all. I paid about a tenner for one of the plastic ones, which is way better and (IMHO) money well spent. It's a surprisingly immersive and compelling experience, I think you'll enjoy it. Try the 'Sisters'app!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.otherworld.Sisters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...