UKC

Ski Boot Fitter near Derby

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 29 Oct 2015
I've seen a lot of love for Back Country in Ilkley, which would be a five hour round trip. I'll do it to get some beautiful booties, but if someone can recommend somewhere equally good and closer to Derby then you'd save me a lot of trouble and help to slow down the onset of global warming.

Ta, Oo
 HammondR 29 Oct 2015
In reply to Oo:
Check the Snowheads site for tons of boot fitter recommendations. Common theme on there is that Colin at Solutions for Feet (Bicester) is about as good as it gets. I live 15 miles from Ilkley but bought boots from Colin. This is no criticism of Backcountry, seems a nice shop.

In part it might depend on the type of boot you are looking for. Guess you are after a touring boot? SFF major in the new Atomic and Salomon boots if memory serves. Burlier boots = wider choice. If you want the best touring range for a fitter to select from, then maybe research buying in resort (e.g. Sole Bootlab or Ravenell in Chamonix).

John Gresty 29 Oct 2015
In reply to Oo:
We travelled from Derby to Bicester to get a pair of downhill ski boots. Booked an appointment for first thing Saturday morning, and were there for over two hours while Colin sorted out a pair of boots. It was expensive, needed a set of custom built inner boots, but my partner now has pair of boots that work and are comfortable.

For Ski mountaineering boots I have known people from the Derby area travel up to Ilkley.

This was based on the best research at the time, three years ago, things may have altered since.

John
Post edited at 16:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...