UKC

COMPETITION: Win an Organic Climbing Simple Mat + Other Prizes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 30 Oct 2015
Organic Competition, 4 kbThe colourful, eye catching bouldering mats from the USA are now available in the UK. Each mat is individually handmade and no two ever feature the same colourful design.

Read more
 Al Onsight 31 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC Articles:

What a load of bloody rubbish!! So it's OK to use oil to generate the power used to manufacture and transport these pads but it's not OK to use Oil as a raw material!? I bet these take more energy to make than conventional pads and they have to ship them from America!!!
 deacondeacon 31 Oct 2015

The question is pretty vague. Where are they made?
Do you want a country, state, town?
 Plungeman 02 Nov 2015

I'm getting told I've already entered when I'm fairly certain I haven't!

As for accuracy of answering, I'd go as accurately as you can from their own website - and that one's mentioned twice in the article!
Ysgo 03 Nov 2015
In reply to Al Onsight:

> What a load of bloody rubbish!! So it's OK to use oil to generate the power used to manufacture and transport these pads but it's not OK to use Oil as a raw material!? I bet these take more energy to make than conventional pads and they have to ship them from America!!!

Firstly, how do you know that Organic are using oil (let's just say non-renewable shall we?) power to produce the pads? They might be using wind power? It's possible.

Secondly, yes they will need shipping from the States, but that's pretty much it. They don't need shipping from China to the States, and then from the States to the UK.

Finally these pads last longer than any other pad I know of currently on the market. 5 years of hard use by a pro climber and they're still good. My old pads have lasted 3 years of reasonable use before being chucked away. If I get 5 years out of one it's good value for money, plus it's less crap eventually ending up in landfill.

P.S. It's a competition which is free to enter. Why so negative?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...