UKC

Using an ethernet cable for a hudl 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeR 02 Nov 2015

Hi all,

A quick question, does anyone know if it's possible to use an ethernet cable to get the internet on a hudl 2?
A quick Google suggests that it is possible on a hudl 1, but might be an issue with the hudl 2. Anyone know if this is the case?
Post edited at 23:03
 rallymania 02 Nov 2015
In reply to MikeR:

i suppose it might be possible to connect a USBtoGO cable to the hudle and then a USB ethernet device to that but i certainly can't claim to have done this... would a wee router not do the job for you?

(ie you plug the LAN cable into the router for the internet connection and then the it works as a hotspot for the hudle to connect to?)

eg this?

http://www.dabs.com/products/tp-link-150mbps-portable-3g-wireless-n-router-...

it has the benefit tht you could plug a 3 or 4g usb stick into the usb port as well
OP MikeR 02 Nov 2015
In reply to rallymania:

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if I could use a router. Not been to the location yet but was advised by a colleague already there that the only Internet access is via ethernet. I'm not too techy in this area so not sure, all I know is the bandwidth is very limited if that makes any difference.
OP MikeR 03 Nov 2015
In reply to MikeR:

Bump, does anyone know if this would work?
 krikoman 03 Nov 2015
In reply to MikeR:

I've used something like this before and it works http://www.amazon.co.uk/HooToo-Wireless-Companion-6000mAh-External/dp/B00DT...

You plug it into the wired Ethernet then connect to it with your Hudl.

Search for this on ebay.
5in1-Mini-150Mbps-3G-WIFI-Mobile-Wireless-Router-Hotspot-W-1800mAh-Powerbank-UK-

I use this too at work to interface with a server and the hudl.

I did get a USB to Ethernet, but I don't think it worked with the Hudl as I didn't have a driver and by then I was using the thing above so never chased it up.
OP MikeR 03 Nov 2015
In reply to krikoman:

Cheers, looks like that should do the job.
 krikoman 03 Nov 2015
In reply to MikeR:

you might need a charger if you use it all day, but any old phone charger will do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...