UKC

El Chorro access.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Say 04 Nov 2015
A friend has just come back from Malaga and chatting to the guy who was doing a tourist survey, who also happened to be a local climber, heard that 'climbing has almost been stopped'.

I'm guessing that any restrictions are in the gorge and linked to the enormous popularity of the 'new' walkway (my pal couldn't even get a train ticket to El Chorro!).

Any information?
 D.Russell 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Andy Say:

I F*cking hope not.
I am heading out in 2 weeks. As far as i was aware, with what i have read on ukc and other websites about access, was 2 via ferratas were to be installed for access to some climbs in the gorge. I also read that the walkway is open to climbers for free if you show your insurance at the tourist info (or something like that) but there are only meant to be so many people on the walk way at one time.obviously the routes that start off the walkway cannot be climbed any more due to health and safety malarkey.

If anyone has any more info about access it would be good to hear about it before i head out. If the gorge is closed i will make some new plans.

(sorry for hijacking this thread)

Cheers
OP Andy Say 04 Nov 2015
In reply to D.Russell:

> (sorry for hijacking this thread)

> Cheers

That's not a hijack! Its dead on what I'm asking.
 Marek 04 Nov 2015
In reply to D.Russell:

> ... I also read that the walkway is open to climbers for free if you show your insurance at the tourist info (or something like that) but ...

You also must have helmets. We didn't

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...