UKC

Contact The Orange House

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jim Houghton 05 Nov 2015
Hi all, I'm trying to get in contact with The Orange House on the Costa Blanca re a trip there next year but have emailed twice to no avail. Anyone having a similar issue? Are they not around at the moment? Is there a good alternative? Cheers, Jim
 Fraser 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Jim Houghton:

It sometimes takes a wee while for a reply. I'd hang fire if you can before looking elsewhere.
 Sam Mayfield 05 Nov 2015

very odd! Ran works mornings monday to friday and replys as soon as she can. I read when all come in and if urgent I reply if not we wait till next day. Always trying to be within 24 hrs and sooner if possible. I like the personal touch and really would hate to have an automated booking system! That would be a sad day I hope you all agree!

When did you try Jim?
What email address did you use?
Did you check your spam to see if our reply went in there instead?

The correct email address would be info@theorangehouse.co.uk

but we had sam@ for a few years and also .net not co.uk but they all have forwards so we should get them.

We also us facebook and people ask us questions that way.

Also on the top of the website is a phone number which is my mobile and its in my pocket 24/7 as I know when people call me at stupid oclock asking if they should stay with us or in an apartment in Benidorm! lol

Sam Orange House x

Mick Ward 05 Nov 2015

Jim, nearly 12 years experience tells me that Sam is on the ball as much as anyone could possibly be. For most visitors, I think it's the best place to stay for many reasons, not least because you're amid people with unrivalled local knowledge. I'm sure most of us have wasted far too much time on climbing trips with long drives and/or bushwacking to crags that just weren't worth it - or maybe the access situation had changed since the last guidebook came out. If you go to the Orange House, ask people and heed what they say, you won't be wasting time. And you'll meet some lovely folk.

Mick
 Tyler 05 Nov 2015

> Is there a good alternative?

Depending on what you are after there are loads of alternatives. I've been to Costa Blancs many times and we've always got ace accommodation in the winter. There seems to be a glut of rental accommodation and at that time of the year and its dirt cheap for what you get. Some of the towns are really nice, Altea is a favourite especially over New Year

Sam Mayfield 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Mick Ward:

Thank you my lovely!

I just sent Jim an email through here so hope he gets it.

Yes there are loads of cheap accommodation options over here. Luckly for us people choose to pay more and stay with us. We are packed at the moment with many repeat clients and a few new ones.

We must be doing something right :0)
OP Jim Houghton 06 Nov 2015

Thanks all. We're now in touch. What an effective website this is!
 Sam Mayfield 06 Nov 2015

Took me back to the old days when I used this forum daily! It was a regular that emailed me within minutes of your post.

I am sure Mr Alan James will be grinning thinking I had planted you as this is a great advert! Lol

Good old UKC did make us in the early days before it became too fancy on the advert front!

Sam orange

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...