UKC

Special Message to Denbighshire/N. Wales boulderers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Owen240 05 Nov 2015
Denbigh Castle Boulders

I'm making this post to draw attention to my local crag (Denbigh Castle Boulders), sharing it with others who might be interested in some technical slabby climbing.

I've noticed a lack of mid-grade bouldering around the Denbighshire area and would love for local climbers (and anyone else for that matter) to come and try out the local crag me and my father developed. I became a moderator and logged all the current projects on the two boulders so far and would love for people to come and try out the crag and perhaps develop new routes! It's a brilliant little spot with a great selection of mid-level problems including a very pumpy, body-contorting low traverse.

Bear in mind, I'm probably very biased towards the place considering it was in my hometown - however - I've added pictures and rough topography last night so you can see if it takes your fancy. It has a great range of moves across bulges, cracks and grooves and kept me very happy, providing me with good memories for a whole 6 months before I moved back to Yorkshire to get my head kicked in by the gritstone. Come one come all!

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions, please fire them over.
 The Potato 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Owen240:
im only 3 miles away so it would be wrong not to have a bash
are there any access issues?
Post edited at 19:55
OP Owen240 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

No, not exactly. The crag is on a public footpath but the cheeky direct route involves climbing over a wall at the bottom of Castle Lane and walking around the castle perimeter. Otherwise you can drive your car onto the dirt road (second left after Castle Lane) where you will find a footpath.

It's pretty straightfoward really (and there's loads of places to park by the castle).
OP Owen240 08 Nov 2015
In reply to Owen240:

Anyone else?
 daretodazzle 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Owen240:
Thanks
I live in Ruthin so will give it a go
I have been meaning to check it out so thank you for the photos they are helpful.
Di
 ellpeecee 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Owen240:

Be rude not to make a visit. There's not much easy stuff around up here in prestatyn and I'm a way off anything at the GOP
 james.slater 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Owen240:

Recently moved to the Northop area, keen to check out all the local crags! So far ive done devils gorge, which is ace, look forward to having a look at these
OP Owen240 09 Nov 2015
In reply to lewk_c:
Hope you have a good time brother .
Post edited at 16:39
OP Owen240 09 Nov 2015
In reply to daretodazzle:

Have a good one . Give the traverse a try if you're feeling fit - me or my dad could never link it all together by the time I left Wales so here's your chance to cement your place in climbing history haha!
OP Owen240 09 Nov 2015
In reply to james.slater:

Hope it doesn't disappoint, James. Happy bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...