UKC

waterproof top to climb in occasionally

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tmawer 06 Nov 2015
I know this subject will have been covered before, but as a cheapskate, and someone who cares little for the look, and much less about the name, can people recommend a functional waterproof top that I can use for dog walking and the occasional climb. Thanks.
 alasdair19 07 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:

good idea also paramo
 John Kelly 07 Nov 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

Paramo - I know it has loads of fans but for me- too warm to walk in, too cold to belay, heavy and expensive
The decathalon offer cost 6 quid, done couple wet climbs in it and stayed dry, weighs 250g so just lives in with my climbing kit, wouldn't use it in full scottish winter as stand alone( might well use as a top outer layer)
 alasdair19 07 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:
climbers have mixed views dog walkers love them!

tbh I use my one in the winter or as a sort of wet suit when vile in summer.

is the £6 one not a bit sweaty?
Post edited at 07:53
In reply to John Kelly:

http://www.blacks.co.uk/mens/074106-peter-storm-mens-poncho-khaki.html/5766...

Six quid? Blimey, money to burn. I just bought one of these, tacked on to the side of an order (plug for Blacks - always worth a perusal of their sales listings, and if they're having a 15% off promotion, they'll apply that on top). So I think it was 4.25 with free delivery.

The problem down here (Cornwall) is that it's very mild, wet and with high humidity, so breathable fabrics are a dead bust. I mainly use a Decathlon jacket with HUGE pitzips, but I figured something like this might fit the bill even better for general knocking about.

But not today. It's howling out there - a poncho would probably just turn me into a giant meat kite.
 John Kelly 07 Nov 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

Yep sweaty, I guess I've just never found anything that really works however never spent more than 100 quid, my top trick is 2 shell for proper rain
 John Kelly 07 Nov 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie

> Six quid? Blimey, money to burn.

I have a pataguchi but can't bear to drag it up rock

OP tmawer 07 Nov 2015
In reply to John Kelly:
Brilliant, thanks, this looks just the job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...