UKC

lightweight tall sleeping back ideas

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colina 09 Nov 2015
looking to buy a really light sleeping back for wild camping ,it needs to be light ,long, (6'6" ish )and not too tight across the shoulders and legs roomy! ,currently got a mummy bag which is very tight .

anyone got any suggestions thx
In reply to colina:
I got a sea to summit SP1 in long recently, and its great, packs down really small (I use it for bikepacking in a saddlebag) and is warm for the weight, although in winter you'll want a liner and/or your jacket on in it. Not cheap but really good

Oh, and I'm 6'3 and theres plenty of extra legroom in the long version
Post edited at 12:38
 Dark-Cloud 09 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:

I should think PHD custom will be a good point to start
 Siward 09 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:
For which season and how light?

All my sleeping bags have been bought from here or ebay, all in virtually as new condition. £100's to be saved!
OP colina 09 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:

regarding season .its for this time of year .certainly not for the Antarctic 8-)

so I would say a cold nights sleeping bag but not freezing.thx
In reply to colina:

Its really the sea to summits or PHD bags. PHD you'll get much more control over the bag they create you (they are made to order), while the S2S ones you're really looking at the SP1 or SP2.
 Reach>Talent 10 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:

I don't know if they are light enough but I am 6'8" tall, fairly broad across the shoulder and get on fine with the longer length alpkit bags.
 ModerateMatt 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Reach>Talent:

Alpkit don't make long bags anymore, I couldn't find any on there site. Unless you get a used one.
 Siward 10 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:

There are some long ME Dreamcatcher bags on that auction site. They are supposedly roomy (elasticated knee area) and made with comfort in mind. I have an XL ME bag and it fits my 6'3" with room to spare.
Bserk 11 Nov 2015
try roberts.pl - they manufacture custom made sleeping bags for a reasonable price. I use my expedition sleeping bag in its 3rd season now and still love it!
 starbug 12 Nov 2015
In reply to colina:

Couldn't you just sleep back to back with Rod and Joss? See what I did there?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...