UKC

Personality Research - 7-10mins - £100 Amazon GV Prize

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Freya Glendinning 09 Nov 2015
Hi everybody,

I am looking for people to take part in the final study of my PhD at Bangor University. We are aiming to develop the understanding of how our attitudes, behaviour and personality traits relate to our reported health and well-being. Results from this study could help guide future research and practice in psychological well-being.

If you wish to take part please follow this link: http://bangorsport.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cNh4yEuwGkqYfXv

I am targeting this forum because we believe that people who regularly take part in adventurous activities offer an extremely valuable insight into this relationship.

The study will take approx. 7-10 minutes to complete.
You must be 18 years old or above.
There is a prize for a £100 Amazon Gift Voucher.
You can request to receive the study results once data analysis is complete.

Thank you very much,
Freya Glendinning (PhD Researcher)
Professor Lew Hardy and Professor Tim Woodman.
www.bangor.ac.uk
 Dogwatch 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Freya Glendinning:

Intrusive to ask for 1st name and DoB.
 goldmember 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Dogwatch:
Agree, not required
In reply to Dogwatch:
Hi,

Thanks for you comment. Sorry you thought of those questions as intrusive.

We ask for DOB so that when we come to analyse the results we can check for any differences between age categories. Unfortunately a large amount of research journals also ask that researchers report the mean age of participants.

We ask for your name simply to personalise any communication you may choose to have with us (e.g. for further questions or requesting study results). This is why we only ask for your first name. If you do not wish to disclose your first name you may give a pseudonym as an alternative.

Thanks again,

Freya Glendinning
pep40a@bangor.ac.uk
Post edited at 16:44
 Dogwatch 09 Nov 2015

Date of birth is a favourite piece of information for identity thieves. I'm not handing it out in a survey. If you need age category, ask for age category.
 Philip 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Dogwatch:

Surely just year or month+year would be enough.

You hardly need 3 decimal places for the mean age.
 summo 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Dogwatch:
> Date of birth is a favourite piece of information for identity thieves. I'm not handing it out in a survey. If you need age category, ask for age category.

Combined with the survey answers to target the lonely, needy and vulnerable. Could be the perfect scam with just a modest amount of refinement.
Post edited at 17:07
In reply to Philip:

You make a very valid point with regard to just having mm/yy. Its too late for me to change this now whilst the survey is still active, however I will take this feedback on board for future online studies.

Thanks
Freya Glendinning
 gethin_allen 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Dogwatch:

> Date of birth is a favourite piece of information for identity thieves. I'm not handing it out in a survey. If you need age category, ask for age category.

Just plug in a random date sometime around your birthday. they won't be using your DOB for such detailed analysis so it won't mess up their data and you can be happy too.
 flour 10 Nov 2015

Done. Have a bump. ukc can be so negative!
 Yanis Nayu 10 Nov 2015

Done
 nwclimber 11 Nov 2015

Done.
 Jon Read 11 Nov 2015
And have another bump for offering a study which actually identifies the researchers and their institution, has contact details and a study information sheet, and has been subject to ethical approval. You wouldn't believe how many of the studies advertised here don't manage those simple things...!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...