UKC

Beinn Eghie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 09 Nov 2015
Now, not asking if its in nick but asking what it requires to come into nick!

Thinking about East and West Buttress this season and heard that they only require a cover of hoar/snow which mean would it be an option for early season?
 Andy Nisbet 09 Nov 2015
In reply to joe.91:

When I used to work for Martin Moran up there, I've climbed East and West Buttresses under all conditions, even as far as axes and crampons but no snow for winter practice. So fun in all conditions.
 Simon Yearsley 09 Nov 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Often a good choice early season with plenty of options and aspects to suit different conditions and different aspirations. Chose your approach depending on where you're planning to climb ("long easy way round" or "short steep way") and make sure you can navigate well for the descent down the south side. Enjoy.
 DaveHK 09 Nov 2015
In reply to joe.91:

The routes on Fuselage wall can also be good with a hard frost and bit of snow. Relatively accessible too. Simon speaks the truth about that descent. Easy to go wrong.
 Simon Yearsley 09 Nov 2015
In reply to joe.91:

PS: Beinn Eighe..........
 MrRiley 10 Nov 2015
In reply to joe.91:

I've heard that this Fight or Flight (V 6)#photos is a good early season option? Looks a top route too!

I've done East Buttress Joe, but very keen for West at some point this season. The direct finish on West is meant to be very good
OP joe.91 10 Nov 2015
In reply to MrRiley:

Ha thanks Simon!

Aye Dave mega keen for West as well as East, my calendar is filling up fast if you fancy getting out a weekend send me an email on my gmail account and we can pencil something if you fancy! My big aims this season are Orion and Minus Two!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...