UKC

TALKTALK crazy customer service experience.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
0Unknown0 09 Nov 2015

So my bill came in via email today.. Was high for no reason. I went to go to my online account, but can not get in, and haven't been able to since the cyber attack.
So I called them, and spoke to an advisor, who told me that yes the bill amount was correct, and was £7.50 higher than it should be as standard, but she was unable to tell me why as there are no extra charges this month. And so said well rectify the bill and send me a new one. She can't because she can not access my bill either.
SO I said, well, I have not used my cel phone, I have not exceeded my national call allowance on the landland. I have not bought any boosts this month, nor have I used any extra data etc, nothing, so why is it high.
'I do not know sir, there appears to be no extra charges on the bill'.

Now I am confused because I have just been told she can not access the bill.

Instead I am told to try to call back tomorrow.

Meanwhile my bill is due.
Post edited at 18:52
 coinneach 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Dominicandave:

They're mental. We're trying to get out of our broadband contract with them as the customer service is appalling.

Meanwhile they sent my Mrs a mobile bill.

Which was odd since she uses O2.
 Neil Williams 09 Nov 2015

Talktalk are terrible. There is a reason they are cheap. I have never heard a single good word said about them by anyone.

Escape - to *anyone* else - as soon as you can.
Can't help you sorry.

I got accosted by Talktalk agents in a shopping mall today trying to get me to sign up to them. When I mentioned the recent loss of data, the sales person said that "all" companies have been hacked and so that was not a reason not to sign up to them! No acknowledgement at all that Talktalk possibly were at fault. She did say that they have tightened up security - maybe they forgot to allow legitimate users to get access !!!
 Heike 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Neil Williams:

Well, we were "outsourced/offloaded " to them by virginmedia about 10 months ago - they sold all the deals in our village. Has been very smooth, everything installed and delivered, broadband works well, price is fine, obviously the hacking scandal wasn't too great...but other than that, from a service point of view it has been very good. Can't complain.

earlsdonwhu 09 Nov 2015

My bill came the other day. I tried to take advantage of the speedy payment saving but can't access my account either. To add insult, they seem to be scrapping the speedy discount.
 Yanis Nayu 09 Nov 2015

They're appalling. I called them recently and it was like being stuck in a Kafkaesque nightmare. If someone was trying to prank you, they couldn't do better.
0Unknown0 09 Nov 2015
Besides this I am very happy with the service, internet has been 100% no issues, phone is godd, tv, cel fone, all great. But when you need to actually speak with anyone it becomes tricky. I am paranoid to even give my access words over to reps in a call, purely bacause I am not sure it is even them. And hence why access to my online account is vital.

I have transfered all money from the accoint linked to my TT account, only leaving enough there monthly to pay my bill, which at this point appears to be wrong.

Adam Lincoln 09 Nov 2015

You need to speak to someone in this country by telling them you are leaving. Not some Indian call centre were they can't speak a word of English unless scripted. You will get called back by someone over here and you just explain whats happened. They will offer you something to stay, and sort your problem out also.

Adam Lincoln 09 Nov 2015

Oh, and post on Twitter specifying the name talk talk, slagging them off and explaining your problem. They monitor twitter for any bad press and will contact you pretty sharp
 Jamie Wakeham 09 Nov 2015

Never call them - as you've found, you'll get someone who simply doesn't understand english well enough to be able to help.

I've found that posting on the TalkTalk Forum gets one of their 'Online Community Executives' to take up your case pretty efficiently - they're not super-quick to respond but they do seem to get stuff sorted. That's now my default method of contacting them, and it's reduced my stress level considerably.

I would leave, but I've hammered them down over the years and am now getting landline, fibre and two mobiles for £22 a month, and I'd probably end up paying double that if I left.

I had/have a regular issue with mind-numbingly slow broadband, to the point it could be described as "denial of service".

I have made numerous complaints and had engineers round and nothing is wrong inside the house. TalkTalk refuse to do anything about it.

I asked the chap on the phone if he really was unable to do anything to give me the broadband I was paying for. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked him if he was telling me to "like-it-or-lump-it" He said "yes".

Wiley Coyote2 09 Nov 2015

They are rubbish. Had exactly that same problem as OP. Someone is calling me back a week last Sunday. "It will be within 5hours," they said. So we're now eight days over that and counting. Went on Twitter. Endless promises of action. Still nothing. But you have to pay the extra amount which you cannot understand and they cannot explain or they cut you off. Crooks!
 cathsullivan 10 Nov 2015

They've just put their prices up. I only pay line rental (got a deal with free broadband) and that has gone up from 16.70 to 17.70. I've read that it is possible to use any mid-contract price increase that is greater than the rate of inflation as a legitimate reason to get out of a contract with a supplier (I think you have to do it within 30 days of the price rise - or mabye within 30 days of when the price rise was announced). Might be worth checking if you are somebody who wants to escape from your contract.
 nutme 10 Nov 2015
I have been with TT for 3+ years. Can't say anything bad.
 Neil Williams 10 Nov 2015
In reply to cathsullivan:

I used that option to escape from BT TV which I wasn't really using enough to justify it.
 Heike 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Heike:

> Well, we were "outsourced/offloaded " to them by virginmedia about 10 months ago - they sold all the deals in our village. Has been very smooth, everything installed and delivered, broadband works well, price is fine, obviously the hacking scandal wasn't too great...but other than that, from a service point of view it has been very good. Can't complain.

How can anyone dislike this. I just said that we had a good experience with them. Why is that bad?
 PPP 10 Nov 2015

As a foreigner myself, I feel so desperate when I call the CS and their English is worse than mine.

I was suggested by Virgin Media call rep that I should upgrade my internet plan as the ping was anything in between 100ms and 800ms with some time-outs. I told him that it would not change anything, he agreed with that and few minutes later he offered to upgrade the plan again... They said they cannot do anything to improve the situation, which was really weird.
 RockAngel 10 Nov 2015
Since going to talktalk, my internet has disappeared 5-6 times, each time resulting in a several phone calls and a few visits by the engineers. No idea why the internet, phone and tv suddenly stops working. This time, it coincided with the hacking. It still isn't working. In the 2 years I was with plusnet, I never had a problem with the phone line & internet failing for no apparent reason. Im out of contract with them so I'll be changing providers soon. Any recommendations?
Post edited at 23:35
 Yanis Nayu 15 Nov 2015

It seems they've discovered the way to avoid irritating customers with their incompetent customer service - they don't answer the 'phone. I've tried twice to ring them about my 0.5 meg connection, which only operates at that speed for about 20 hours a day; for the rest of the time it doesn't work at all. I gave up both times after being on hold for 15 minutes. It's better than actually talking to them though.
 Dax H 15 Nov 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

You gave up after only 15 minutes?.
Last time I rang EE it was 37 minutes before I got a person.
Annoying thing was I am on a business contract and I normally get a person withing 1 minute but I was ranging from my wife's phone because mine was broken and they must have account recognition because I rang the business line but was put through to the domestic one.
 Neil Williams 15 Nov 2015

Personally I'm with BT (Infinity), and rarely have trouble, and when I do they are quick to sort it out.

You can't pay rock bottom prices and expect decent service. Pay a little more than the cheapest, and you will enjoy proper customer service (most of the time).
 joan cooper 18 Nov 2015
In reply to RockAngel:

Go back to plus net they always sort out my problems promptly. I don't get many!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...